Thesis Giveaway

Check it out fam!

4 Likes

CI can’t even get a Serenade after paying for one at [anotheronlineyoyostore]
I went there because YoyExpert was out of them.
They say they have black ones there at Thesis.
I paid for one back on September 3 and they have not even sent it yet.
I didn’t even bother them until waiting a week.
Then I emailed the email at the bottom of the automated “we received your money” email.
No response for over 24 hrs.
Then I used the Contact Form (still being totally chipper and friendly).
I get an email telling me if I have Instagram, send a DM and “Colin” their shipping manager will take care of me.
I didn’t want to be lame, so after 45 minutes I had installed instagram on a compatible device (not my normal phone or PC) and sent a DM.
No swift reply as is should be the excuse to have to use instagram after establishing email contact (the manner suggested in the automated purchase confirmation).
So after all this I finally make a tongue in cheek inconvenience joke about how I’d rather simultaneously stand on my head and lose my bowels than to go thru that again to get shipping info., still complimenting them in their designs and such.
Temps here are melting plastic in more than about 15 minutes left outside unattended in a mailbox etc., so it’s not unreasonable to just want to know the carrier and approximate send date.
I’ve been nice aside from admitting the inconvenience, and joking around about it at that.
Still don’t know what the carrier would be or if I’m even getting it.
Now I can’t even get an email response.
Is it because I put a website and tagline at the end of my order comments and they saw it was an off the beaten path Christian thing, or are they seriously this disorganized for everyone, indiscriminately, to where it takes two weeks to plunk a yoyo in a box, the whole time giving a goose chase or ignoring me about how or when it will be shipped? Instagram, followed and DM’ed, remains silent in the DM chat. “Colin” never said a word.
They said they had the item and they said it would go out by yesterday (again, having been ordered on Sept 3).
How can they be such a big company as to even have these separate departments? I work for a machine shop and prototypers and small time inventers, and I don’t see how they can be a big outfit. Plus for all I know it’s machined in China. As Throws n Brews pointed out, probably white labeled for them by YoyoEmpire.
I don’t make much money, I don’t get several free yoyos a week sent to me like Dylan Kowalski or someone, and so twice a day I keep checking to see if they’ve either sent it or kept me in the loop to tell me a reason for the delay, or even told me what the carrier will be. Just doesn’t seem fair. The couple of responses I did get via email were friendly, but ultimately in error and unhelpful, because the two things they told me never came to pass:
It should go out by Friday (finally) – nope
Instagram and get a “fast, easy” response – nope
Keep in mind it was indicated the black Serenade item was in stock as long as I didn’t order the red hub. I’m just not important enough to plop it in a box and get it out the door, even after I start politely making noise, which I waited a week to do, and numerous hoops after which I started joking around a bit about being inconvenienced, still asserting I’m “not trying to be a pain”. After being ignored after the day I was supposed to hear from them, now I’m feeling put out.

3 Likes

Have you paid with PayPal?If so, I would just claim “no item received”, and they probably wont be able to provide proof that you have received the item(or that it has been shipped) and PayPal will refund your money. Good luck anyways:)

4 Likes

If not PayPal, dispute the charge through your credit line.

1 Like

That’s what I’ll have to do if it reaches day 14 and they’re not sending it out or telling me why… just bizarre. I did want the yoyo… it’s hard to believe they would lead me on and then just keep the money, so I’m still hoping that’s not the case.

It is weird to see their paypal account is not even verified, after seeing their name on every review and seeing YYE selling their yoyo.

1 Like

Just FYI, there are FTC rules for this kind of stuff, and a way to file a formal complaint. Pretty steep fines for violations, as well.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes so now I realize when they said “Colin will take care of me” they must literally be referring to Colin Nguyen, with whom the Serenade is a “collaboration”. Thesis, in this regard, referred to him as their “shipping rep” for the Serenade.
Hopefully it won’t go to all that with claims… just what a pain esp. if they simply return my money after all this… like if they figure out he’d given away or sold them while these black POM and clear/black/or blue hubs were still being listed as remaining stock on the thesis sales page, complete with detail about the red hubs being sold out.
I mean could he be at a tournament or something? You’d think he’d still check his Instagram chat/DM they sent me to, though.
Weird. I guess I’ll file a claim after day 14 on Tuesday if they don’t get with me. At that point it will be two weeks with nothing but runaround and nothing shipped.

That’s what I would do. Just do it on PayPal. If they don’t answer via paypal claim your money will be with you in 10 days. If they answer probably the money will be back some hours later. I hope you don’t have to file a claim and everything is fine…GL!

1 Like

Update: Finally found with Colin and things seem OK. thanks for your replies. I wound up hooking up with Colin Nguyen on FB who then apologized and said they’d had some minor squabbles between Thesis & him, and sorta gone separate ways (which are on the mend I suppose) and he’d not been monitoring either of the channels my queries etc. had been coming through. He says he’s waiting on a box of shipping supplies the next day or so to ship stuff himself and will send my Serenade.
I do REALLY like his designs and others with similar qualities. Maybe my tastes will change for advanced play one day but right now I like at least some organic feel, and lots of rim weight and stability. I’m noticing once I can do a trick with a V or H I can do it with a more organic shape, too. Wish I had a General-Yo yoyo, and I noticed Colin met with General Yo, too (maybe due to similar tastes?).
So… thanks again and seems like I might still get my yoyo.

3 Likes

I’m glad you got to talk to Colin and everything is OK. Hope you enjoy your serenade:)

1 Like