There is a point when one stops learning...

There are also times in sports (mostly in Baseball, Football, and Wrestling) when you know what to do and you are mostly doing it subconciously. In football (mostly for linemen) you block people that are trying to get the Quarterback, you mainly block the same person multiple times, it creates muscle memory. This thread is about a point where your muscle memory overcomes your mind and does it withoug thinking. I think this is a wonderful thing to do if you are at this point.

I do not completely agree. One never stops learning, they just shift the focus of their learning. What you are talking about is a shift from the learning of tricks to learning how to take the the movements gleaned from the tricks and incorporate them into an entirely new trick.

There is only one point where one stops learning! It’s called death… You don’t have to be in an ash box or 6 feet under to be in that category, we are among walking zombies; these people are living only and not truly alive …

To stop learning is to stop going forward and begin the process of going backwards.

I think he is not talking about “not learning” but more about learning differently. not needing to look at movements very closely since years of practice just “tell” him how it works and how it won´t.
Reading about someone being that good makes me kind of excited but also kind of sad :wink: since i am still so far away from being that good since i just started throwing a few months ago.
but also it gives me a goal to become better and practice more, that i one day can make a thread like this and tell everyone about the essence flowing through me :wink:
I hope i can be that good one day, until then i will continue learning in my kind of annoying non supernatural way :wink:

2 Likes

I disagree, one never stops learning.

It is not stop learning, but learn lesser than before.

For example, if a new trick is only a new combination of old tricks,
what you need to learn is just the transformation between,
if you already practice enough the old tricks, mostly you automatically know what to do,
but to make it perfect, you still need to learn and practice,

but effort needed is much lesser.

If you play long enough, you know the mechanics by experience, so there is lesser stuff you still need to learn.

1 Like

Truly.

As the inner-fulcrum is tipped, one becomes a conduit to the true energies that abound and rebound in one’s being. The boundaries between the boundless and unboundless become tissue-paper thin, and one can feel the positive ebb and flow of the world-spirit. A connection, an echo of things long remembered but since forgotten; not thinking, only doing, only dancing to the eternal choir that is oneness. Only then does one forget the mundane, transcend this mortal plane, and become one with the infinite.

Ponder on this, and let it bring you wisdom.

1 Like