It's nice when you get to the point in yoyoing when...

Fill in the rest.

you quit yoyoing…

When you’re confident enough to yoyo in public and at school/work, and you couldn’t care less what people think about it

you can step up on stage and just yoyo for the love of it. not because you want to win.

Getting to the point where I could bind without effort opened up the world to me.

you can do tricks to impress people but you still have room to imporve

Not sure if this applies to everyone, but;
When you stop worrying about how good you are compared to the pros. My first couple years of throwing I just compared myself to the people winning worlds, and it always made me feel unsatisfied with my tricks. Now I just do it for fun.

When…you realize that you can stop relying on tutorials to learn things, instead can just watch freestyle routines and pick out elements you think look cool so you can start developing your own combos/moves. I’m just entering that stage in my yoyoing life, a point I had been wanting to reach. It makes me feel like I’m actually doing something rather than stressing on completing that list of tricks.

I still will continue to follow some tutorials, mainly ones I think look cool and/or have some good elements to it.

… you’re no longer concerned about “what point you’ve gotten to in yoyoing”?

1 Like

when you have enough yoyos to make you happy but not enough to be satisfied…

I have a hard time remember the name that goes with each trick. I guess I’m more hands on. If you can show me the trick once or twice not too fast chances are I can copy it in a few tries.

“It’s nice when you get to the point of yoyoing when you remember the name of each trick and how to do it.”

When you can get through a handful of difficult tricks in one throw.

When yo-yoing has been part of your life for the majority of your life. :wink:

You first…

1 Like

To me the “trick” that I learnt that made all the difference was hand starting the yoyo. God how I hated winding the string on the yoyo…

i made sure this was one of the tricks I learned first. So happy I learned snap starts.