Their should be a prize for collecting all 65 Yoyoexpert trading cards

A while back at the 2013 National Scout Jamboree, a interesting contest was held.

For any scout who could gather all 100 trading cards, they received a really nice limited edition knife.

My troop went wild for this. We went from pavilion to pavilion searching for boxes of cards. We then formed a factory, and made enough sets for every scout in the troop.

I think it would be really cool if yoyo expert did the same. We would have a reason to meet up and work towards making sets. And we would buy alot of stuff.

The prize would probably be a special yoyo. Maybe have the specs be decided by a straw poll of the forum.

Good idea.

I’d like to see the prizes in the card packs make a comeback. I liked that a lot better.

I think it would be too much work to keep up with who “really” has a full deck. You’d kind of have to see the deck in person, rather than potentially the same group of people photographing the same deck of cards in different settings. Even if you saw the deck in person, they could just ship the deck to the next guy to claim a prize too. Where free throws are concerned, it may not work out the best.

1 Like

I thought completing a collection was the goal, the prize, the reward for collecting.

3 Likes

This would probably be too hard to moderate and way too easy to complete since we’re pretty accommodating to anyone looking for specific cards…

The prizes that TA mentioned may make a comeback though!

The hidden prize cards were pretty cool. I wasn’t on this site when they took place, but read about them later.

Personally, I’ve collected all the sets, that was fun in itself. I like Garrett said, there were a few from the first year I was having trouble finding, I spoke with André and he sent them out to me. So just completing a set wouldn’t be a good “contest.”

Some other thoughts, as I was into collecting cards from 5 years old until I was almost 28, some rare insert cards would be cool to add next year if possible. Maybe autographed cards or some other rare card to search for, like the Legends but maybe a little rarer.

random atuographed cards would be awesome

Yeah, just make a request in the order notes, i’ll sign whatever card you want.

5 Likes

wait what?? I’ve got so many duplicates and I’ve ordered 20+ times this year, and I still only have 1 (ONE) Legend card! I had no idea I could just request them…

the way garret worded that…

“hey just ask for any card you want and ill personally sign it in the persons name”…
is that whats happening or do you actually get the real person signature.

Aw seriously we can request cards?! I’ve been hoping for a Vashek one for ages now :o

As long as you don’t start writing yourself extra paychecks and putting Andre’s autograph on them…:grin:

How about, each player who has a card made of him signs five and they are randomly selected and put in a pack throughout the year as a little luck prize.

There ya go YoYoExpert Garret, creating more work for yourself. I request 3 of each card all signed by you.

Thanks in advance. :smiley:

I think the more important question is… when on earth is Garrett getting his own legend card? 8)

2 Likes

Well I have about 200+ card packs that I have never even opened. So I guess I’ll be getting a free YYR Dazzler in the mail very soon.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow, that would be great! There is nothing like the feeling of waiting for that YYE box to get the new yo-yos and ripping open the card packs to see if you got lucky, and waiting to see if you’re closer to completing the set. It used to be excitement on another level, even when you didn’t win, but especially when on top of all that, you actually won something too. :smiley:

the cards are very popular at my house. I remember how excited the kids and I were when we opened cards for throwers we know. All the kids enjoy taking the cards to yoyo school to score an Andre or Eric or Dan autograph. NER was like a huge scavenger hunt for my youngest, autographs from everyone. My personal favorite is Augie Fash, his bio hits close to home (until you get to the national champion and multiple time regional champion part ;D )

prize cards would be (unnecessary but greatly appreciated)icing on the cake

Yeah thats all fair.

The way we could do my idea is that the snip the corners of the cards, or paint the edge when you send it in to be checked.

But yeah I actually like the prize card idea. Hopefully we get that.

^ Oh my, I could never snip or paint an Andre card. :o They have to remain pristine. Those are my favorites.

Word to the side burns and Dark Magic! :smiley: