The YYE Holiday Throwdown / Poetry Slam

I mean like 6 groups of 5 people battling per round, and point being awarded by how they placed within the groups

I dont think thats how swiss style works haha

Perhaps 2 groups, 3 rounds, winner of both groups battle one extra round?

That’s essentially round robin. Why not either a double elimination bracket or a round robin and then the top 2 in each group go to a single elimination bracket (World Cup style)?

Double elimination could be interesting…

Have to agree with this. I think I’m a pretty good yoyoer, and since the last video I made, I’ve basically recreated my style. But I don’t talk about that, because in such a close-knit community, it’s not a good thing to come across as boastful or cocky. Nard is good, but not anything stellar, and while he’s better than most of the people in this throwdown, it’s still best for Nard to keep quiet so he can surprise everyone (because that’s always fun to do).

I think the first should be 15 to 30 seconds. Uploading tricks to Instagram sucks because of the 15 second limit, and I don’t really feel like dealing with that here :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha nonono I’m not trying to be cocky. Obviously I’m not the best. People were saying that they were watching peoples videos. Someone said there was only three people he was scared of. I was one of them. I thought he said this because I have no videos out, so I pointed him to the closest thing I have to a yoyo video. Sorry, should have worded that better haha my fault.

You were on that list simply because i saw Alex say that you had some skills. And also the fact that I’ve never seen you throw so I couldn’t make any conclusions.

It’s all good man :slight_smile:

When will you have the official rules posted?

probably in 2014

Sure, why not? I’ll do it.

i know it is a lot to do but is there any way we could get the rules sooner? I was hoping to be able to shoot the first vid over break…

Agree with this, at least the vid length so I can start thinking of stuff

Narpcopter vs. Bcmaddog? First round?

Maybe. I’m leaving it up to the random number generator

Sounds like a plan. Anyway you could skew the odds though?

JK.

Lol

Just because we be arguing don’t me we gotta battle!

Lol

Should i use a bright (neon) yellow or orange crocostring for more visibility?

use white with a white shirt