The YYE Holiday Throwdown / Poetry Slam

Alright, I’ll start off with the winner’s bracket.

Congratulations to kclejeune and GoCrazyForYoYo for winning your battles! You two will advance to Winner’s Round 4. Your opponents LeftyLink and Witlessone will have another chance in the Losers Round 3.(Witlessone, you’re actually in Loser’s Round 4, keep reading and I’ll explain why) And just as a brief reminder, Newbies United advances to Round 4 as well because his opponent baerinatux failed to submit his video.

Alright, on to the Losers Bracket.

Congratulations to Nardcopter for winning your battle! You will advance to Loser’s Round 2. His opponent, abby1371 is sadly eliminated from the tournament since she already lost 2 battles. As a brief reminder, Zorro, mr.nightshadow95, and Erik Kerber will advance to Loser’s Round 2 as well because their opponents failed to submit.(mr.nightshadow95, you will actually advance to Loser’s Round 3, keep reading and I’ll explain why) matttt55, Crococorey, BenM36, coopdawg, shen703, offstringstewart, benkdru80, l6ify, jaxdowns, and Finch are all eliminated from the tournament because they failed to submit their video.

Now, back to mr.nightshadow95 and Witlessone.

Witlessone, you will advance to Losers Round 4 because your “opponent” for Losers Round 3 failed to submit his video in an earlier round, so he has already been eliminated from the tournament, so you basically got a bye for Losers Round 3.
mr.nightshadow95, you will advance to Loser’s Round 3 because your “opponent” for Losers Round 2 failed to submit his video in Loser’s Round 1, so he has already been eliminated from the tournament, so you basically got a bye for Losers Round 2.

Lastly, don’t forget to check the updated bracket! http://challonge.com/YYEHolidayThrowdown

And that’s it. If you have any questions, just shoot me a pm or ask in this thread. Good luck to everyone in Round 4 and Losers Round 2. May the odds be ever in your favor :wink:

Remember vids are due on Tuesday

Thanks for reminding me

Who do I pm my video to if I’m in the loser’s round?

It’s Wednesday!

Yea are yo guy’s putting the vid’s in a thread or something?

Yeah the videos should be posted today right guys? guys? ??? lol

Lefty link and I both have school. I just got home and I’m assuming lefty will be home soon. We’ll post as soon as possible.

Last time lefty posted jortly after midnight but we both decided we needed our sleep this time.

Apologies for the delay

Reviewing for AP Biology at school sorry vids should be up later today

Loser’s Round 2 is up! http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,72885.0.html

Sorry for the delay, but Round 4 of the Winner’s Bracket is UP!!!
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,72893.0.html

This is a little late, this week’s been crazy for me with the 3rd marking period ending and having 2 away games and 1 home game but better late then never.

GoCrazyForYoYo and yours truly advance to Winner’s bracket Finals(tournament semi-finals) while kclejeune and Newbies United move to Loser’s Round 5.

Nardcopter and J Singh 2K advance to Loser’s bracket Round 3 while Erik Kerber and Zorro are sadly eliminated from the tournament.

Everyone check the bracket to see who you’re up against next round : http://challonge.com/YYEHolidayThrowdown

Winner’s bracket Finals(tournament semi-finals) and Loser’s bracket Round 3 submissions are due Sunday, April 6.

Since Mazdarx dropped out, am I still supposed to submit a video for this round? Or do I just get a bye?

If I had only known I could vote for myself I could have tied it but oh well

As far as I know he decided to come back sosubmit a vid just in case

Yeah so sorry everyone it’s been a hectic week for me as well

Nope, I dropped out.

Are there any rule changes? It was cool watching nardcopter’s original video for his last round (nice vid btw). I was wondering since its tournament semis can we edit now and have zooms and different angles?

Thanks! Right after the round was over I deleted the unedited one haha. I like the edited one a lot better.
I’m going to assume it still has to be one shot, but if I added slow mo in some parts would that be okay?

^ If it’s there’s no cut, then it should be fine. (Why would there be a cut in a slo mo?) Isn’t that the main rule?