The YoYoSkills.com DUNCAN IMPERIAL Contest! VOTE NOW

Though I’d move this…

30 days left and only three contestants so far! It’s a good time to enter, odds look good for everyone involved!

Gah! I lost track of time! I have got to get started on that video…

UPDATE:

I will be at Nationals, and will have a number of Imperials that are approved for this contest without having to be opened from a package on camera. If you want to be a part of this contest, but don’t have access to a video camera or Imperials, but you will be a Nationals, then this is the solution for you. Come find me, and I will hand you an approved Imperial to do your contest entry on, and Video record your entry for you!

I have a question, so I might as well BUMP this…

Can we do something like adding lube on the string? I already have a freestyle in the works, and I thought of doing this. Just verifying so that I don’t get disqualified if I do use it.

It’s kind of annoying me that Dr. Yo-Yo keeps extending the deadline just because only 3 people have joined, I think you should just keep it. It feels kind of unfair to me.

I am sorry you feel that way, but it is a joint contest with me and Duncan, and I will be implementing the changes the we discussed at nationals to hopefully renew interest in the project. I know you are one of the three entries, but I think you will appreciate the new rules and how it will benefit you.

4 entries! :wink: sign me up, chief!

edit: oh and change whatever you need to (i assume no changes would disqualify folks who have entered?)… my entry isn’t perfect, but i like it ok, and i’d just as soon NOT buy another imperial
… ever.

OK, if it benefits me, I’m alright with it.

And it doesn’t matter now because with Ed joined, I’m gonna lose anyway, lol.

EDIT: Man, that video is amazing, ed. You win, even I’m gonna vote for you, lol.

Ed cheated! You can tell! Listens to earbud Uh huh. Uh huh. Really? Are you sure? Back to regular talking Sorry. Ed is just AMAZING! Lol nice job.

I’ll probably get a video up soon…

Yeah, I was feeling like people would vote for mine because it’s funnyish (not really, but still), but not that Ed entered I’ve got no chance at winning those $400 worth of yoyos! :cry:

Crazy video, Ed! With a Duncan Imperial… wow.

Great video Ed! Now I know why you are a fixed axle deity. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please don’t leave me hanging with this… I really wanna get started on my video.

At Nationals Brandon and I talked about this contest. We shot back a few idea’s, and I decided that some changes should be made, while still giving props to thoise that entered. I gave myself two weeks to come up with a solution that would be more fair, and still fun.

Okay, We are going to shake things up a bit. The following changes are being made.

#1: You DON’T have to use a new Imperial, but you have to show that the Imperial is not modded before you start your 1 minute minimum freestyle. Holding the Imperial up to the Camera and showing the Clean Gap would be sufficient.
#2: If you DO use a Imperial right out of package, you get a 10 POINT advantage over the entries that didn’t use a new in package Imperial. This makes it more valuable to use a Mint in Package imperial, but not be a requirment.
#3: The contest Prizes will be broken up into 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, giving the Top 3 scoring entries prizes in the end
#4: The Contest will end on November 30th, with voting the week after, and three lucky entries will be getting the a Christmas Present (the prizes) from Santa/YoYoSkills/Duncan
So thats it! These are the new amendments to the existing rules. Lets see some entries!

Thanks!

I wasn’t gonna do this because I had the fear of messing up and wasting $3. :-\

30 days left! Lets get those last few entries in!

You must be really skilled do this whith an imperial. :o

6 days left!

TODAY is the last day you can submit your entries.
Remember to re-read the rules and get your entries in by 10pm PST. Tonight, I will be putting up a post on YoYoSkills.com with the entries and we will start the voting.

DON’T forget, we have alot of good stuff for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd!
As of right now, we have only 12 entries, so this is a GREAT chance for you to win!

ANY Duncan imperial (Not modded)
1 minute of unedited play
LOTS of prizes to win.

Time to Vote! O0

Good luck to all those that entered!