The teeny-tiny Duncan Imperial

My kids got one of these tiny Duncan Imperials in a “World’s Smallest Classic Mini Collectable Toys” blind bag display box.

I was surprised to learn that this “Duncan yo-yo” … kinda plays decent? :astonished: I guess I should be thanking my lucky stars that we got a yo-yo in one out of the three, the yo-yo gods were smiling on us.

I was thinking about this because I found excellent pictures of this thing in the “What did you get in the mail this week?” topic as I was scrolling through all freakin’ 3,600 posts of it so I am duplicating them here:

And for completeness here’s my pic of it

it is a little banged up because my three crazy goat children have had their way with it.

Anyone else tried one of these? It is surprisingly recommendable as a working tiny yo-yo. I expected it to be awful and it… wasn’t.

8 Likes

I have one. I also have a Duncan butterfly that size that’s also playable.

3 Likes

Pics or it did not happen, my friend.

3 Likes

tiny butterflies

gOYQ9ii_VhLV3Eq0Jy15b0zqohAqP1M04x-ZP4CD6qcckTZl_8rLBF5VAMl6leROoii3-psnm9pOzil1MSFk-5hvsDbHmEA9KiKZJFqF8iILwUsSAXGuwq_pYher7umHb3MNZHeP3nGaKx2aYVdLdIwGT98jLMqdrKTkbVtANepyrkc1CFSK9TFW-t2suvZnQNmLNteAkN0mXD3Kh0GTh93gD5Z

and a working keychain Brain
M9LDfw2Lv8PM1mY7uHYfb9CEAzfESqDoEgfDiBYVeq8XcgGbRf2P_jk6NDw4QcEB8MB2OdWEcYxTpsEZhHBDiyzTcItwTjtU9qij_Fo6ZAXh1JrwrewI2w-kJuEjN5OZ-8rKY372Pw4GX0d1G7evqkTlT35R0xWB36tbprEvJW7lXKxF1ctJcKWmGpQJeQEOzFWsUMyLw_X9hu2rcEvWJ0YY6wS

5 Likes

These are cool. I need to put a thinner string on this one, it came with what looks like a standard cotton string which proportionally is way too thick for yo-yo this small! I need to dig out my super thin poly strings…

I feel like someone talented with a history of throwing novelty yo-yos like @drewtetz (cough yoffy) could do a full trick routine on this thing.

2 Likes

lmao and my Brain is rocking kitty xl :joy:

3 Likes

I watched a review by Dylan Kowalski.

2 Likes

Aha nice thanks for the connect, here it is:

Bah! He couldn’t do a single trick with it! Come on Dylan you were not giving 110% there!

4 Likes

I Had one before, second yoyo i have used (other than super kid days). It was actually really good

2 Likes

I wish you didn’t tell me he didn’t do any advanced tricks. I figured he’d do trapeze or double or nothing with it or maybe a green triangle or some barrell rolls…