The World’s Top10 yo-yos! Now you know

So I have been looking for my 4 hole yoyofactory yo-yo bag for over a year.
Anyways, tearing through boxes of junk like a raccoon rooting through the garbage, and I found this. Not sure how I missed it before, but it’s a list of the world’s 10 best throws!

16 Likes

“wooden fixed axle competition yoyo”

times have changed.

4 Likes

Indeed. Nice of them to warn us to get a Silver Bullet 2 early too. Not sure which December they were concerned about, but they can still be found.

3 Likes

This really burns me up!!! All this time I’ve been WASTING MY MONEY. All I ever needed were these 10.

3 Likes

This could be a huge boost for the BST though.

1 Like

YESSSSS!!! Maybe now someone will throw away their wretched old Alleycat 650B for pennies and I’ll finally get one!!
…………hey….a person can dream!!!

So the “yohands” is likely a play on “yohans” right? Or maybe misspelled lol?

4 Likes

bold of them to leave out the klondike

7 Likes

It’s criminal they did not have a NoJive in there.

4 Likes

This pretty much puts this topic to bed.

4 Likes

1998 SER was my first ever competition, awesome you still have that.

Also, what the heck is The Flex? I know everything else on that list, all i can think of from that time is the Variflex.

1 Like

I had all of these except a flex and a Viper, and still have a lot of them. But I also have no idea what a flex is!

3 Likes

I’m sure we’ll be seeing these in Worlds this year!

3 Likes

If this is from 1998 here’s roughly what the prices would be today adjusted for inflation:

1. Today

$10. $19
$15. $28.60
$20. $38.15
$35. $66.80
$45. $85.80
$100. $190.85

1 Like

Where is Hydrogen Crash :sob: jkjk it’s interesting to see how far yoyos have come. Good history post!

1 Like

I’ve owned six of those on the list. Only have the sb2 and the proyo stuff left. Did my first dye job on a viper. Good times.

2 Likes

Yet the SB2 is cheaper now! I remember finding a used one in the late 90s and biting the bullet (no pun intended) and paid something like 75 for it.

1 Like

80 to 100 bucks was the range back in the day and that was with a holster. I don’t see too much leather around except for @RC_yo-yo .

1 Like

I got mine in like 99 when Brookstone or something was liquidating their yoyos after the boom for $20. Still have it.

3 Likes