Help me list the generally agreed upon coolest older inflated yoyos

Just jump in here and list some that you feel the majority of the yoyo community would agree is older, rare, inflating in value and super cool to have and play with.

I’ll start:

Antiyo Bape
Antiyo Fluchs
Antiyo Eetsit
Antiyo Busine$$
Onedrop Project
Onedrop Markmont Next
CLYW Peak

I’m missing a lot but this should help give you an idea of what I’m asking.

Thank you for any help. In case I win the lotto, I’ll know what to invest in.

7 Likes

Clyw canvas

7 Likes

Walter?

6 Likes
  1. YYR- Draupnir
  2. YYF-888 (2007)
  3. OG Duncan Freehand
  4. One Drop Citizen
4 Likes

Ti Walker would have to be on the list

4 Likes

Triton
Albatross
OG Banshee
Prly the Hawk as well not looking at some prices

Gotta be some of the MFD stuff on there too

07 888s

3 Likes

Hawk also. And tbh probably Nessie but I haven’t seen one in a while

3 Likes

Peak and bape are overrated, especially with the modernized rereleases. Canvas is definitely the best older player you can have, next to draup (its funny, draups were selling for like $150 for special editions last summer before they re-emerged in popularity). Small bearing 888’s are also one of those throws that are worth the nostalgia premium.

3 Likes

Metal milk
Metal hitman
Compound
Underdog
Oxy 4 and oxy 3
Quicksilver 1 and 2
The end og
Skywalker, moonwalker, septopus
Torrent
Tiwalker
Dert and Eli dert
Shinobu revolver & vector
Bist stradavari
1st run chief
Small bearing test ano bvm is probably my favorite playing clyw of all time
Grind mutant 1 and 2

4 Likes

Chief, they’re definitely selling for a premium while I wish they were just a common affordable monometal option for everybody to pick up.

Not as expensive or rare as a lot of the other stuff listed here, but they’re definitely not affordable for somebody to just pick up multiple and treat as beaters.

1 Like

I’ll add the OG Torrent, OG 5 star and USA Hatrick to my list. Maybe the Magnum as well but prices haven’t inflated as much on it.

Wooly Markmont
DRI-YWET
SLCK-YWET
Gouda
B!ST
Enyo FHZ
Sakura FHZ - guessing these are worth upwards of 300+
MG FH
Kyo Metal Freehand ???
edit-OG Yeti prices kinda nutty

6 Likes

OG Yeti prices feel really weird. It always seems like people try to ask nutty prices for them, but then they never sell until they’re price dropped into the 60-80 dollar range and people think they’re getting them for a big discount.

I kinda feel that way about a lot of these older yoyos, where some of the prices feel like they’re artificially ballooned because people just want to convince themselves that these things are worth certain prices that nobody is ever willing to pay.

1 Like

never has been lol, rewind says they sold for $145 new

Surprised TP hasn’t been mentioned. Stuff like Palpitation and Awoken Anubis’ sell for over $300

1 Like

I’m aware, it’s an old yoyo but you don’t really see people asking MSRP still for the old 100+ dollar YYF metals.

1 Like

Classic YYF and Classic CLYW aren’t really the same tho lol

1 Like

I think the yeti is the weirdest one for me for sure. I see prices vary quite largely on it, and people are always asking more than what it’s worth - few months ago someone posted one to ebay for $200 lol. $25-$30 yoyo to me if you don’t consider it’s name, hype. or material it’s made of. It still plays fine, but I have to spend A LOT of time tuning it, and then hope I never get a knot bad enough to take it apart after I tuned it.

3 Likes

I mean should they not be viewed in the same light of being a commercial product that spent years going for below MSRP because it was just another used yoyo, but now prices have inflated back to MSRP?

Seems to fit the bill for what this thread was talking about imo. It’s not a massive spike like MFD or anything, but it’s notable enough to be worth mentioning since it’s such a good yoyo. And it’s not rare or anything since it had a ridiculous amount of runs.

2 Likes

Never said it went against the thread topic, I just said the Chief never has been a common affordable monometal option

1 Like

All of my throws are cool.
Some are over priced and others are underpriced if I really enjoy something I am will to pay more for a throw, than someone who no longer enjoys that throw. If I stop enjoying that throw. I will pass it on usually less than the prevailing price at the time.

I do not know how influential or what are the going prices for these throws. These are the some of my older throws.

yyf - 888.11 808 Hawaii edition
( loved faded and few ano breaks and dings )
General Yo - 5 Star
HSpin / Oxygene - H20
HSpin - Pyro ( red white and blue )
Oxygene - Oxy4 ( velvet red )
One Drop - M1
Oxygene - ti
( I believe this is an Oxy 3 early 2009 release )
I was young and had no idea what I had bought when I purchased the Oxygene ti, I was very lucky and took good care of it and saved all the stuff that came with it. Still not sure what the actual release model is.
HSpin Gorylla #24

4 Likes