The "What's in the YYF Mystery Box" Thread (2011)

Can I trade mine in for the 2010 mystery box? :frowning:

I guess I misspoke it was only 2 packs of cards?

Does anyone really know anything about the 2.0. I hadn’t even heard of it until today. I googled it but couldnt find out much other than some specs. :confused: no decent reviews…

doesn’t sound too great (the box)

I just tried to do the same thing and I couldn’t find anything except that it is supposed to be sold in retail stores only not online stores. Can’t find a retail value anywhere which was why I was trying to come up with how this package is worth over $100.00. It might very well be, but a north star is 35.00 right? I’ll have to look it up. The wooden yoyo is probably 5 or 10? Strings and DVD another 10 or 15? Let’s say 55.00 now to be generous and then the 2.0 must be a 50.00 plus yoyo to keep it over the 100.00 worth of yoyo quote. But are they really selling a metal yoyo in retail stores to people that don’t know much about yoyo’ing for 50.00? I don’t see that selling to a lot of people who who don’t know much about yoyo’ing. Not sure, this is all speculation and me just thinking out loud. It has not arrived at my house yet so I won’t know until I open it.

All I know is that I personally have tried and not a fan of the north star. But, this wasn’t bought for me, it was bought for my son who is 7 and I know he is going to be thrilled when he opens up a brand new yoyo case and has like 5 new yo-yos in that I have been buying for him. And at the end of the day, that is what matters!

yoyojoes has it on there website. looks good 64 bucks. its like the yuksta

the 2.0 retail for 65 and the wooden yoyo is 10

i totaled it to about 120

lol

I’ll report my winnings on Monday or Tuesday when it gets here. Looks like we’re going to struggle with coming up with 40 bucks worth of trade bait from it if that’s any indication. Looks like I’m out of luck on the giveaway contest too lol.

How’s the 2.0 by the way?

the 2.0 is a 65 dollar fantastic throw its definetly on par with the yuuksta and g funk, what makes it even cooler is that for one free dvd and its only retail exclusive not on online stores…

Cool, I look forward to trying it out, I’m assuming you already have one?

friend bought one im jealous of his 2.0

Hmm… The 2.0 is only available to brick and mortar stores yet it’s being sold by YYE? Strange.

Looks like a good throw though, I’m excited to get my box. (assuming that’s what I get in mine)

Can it be different? Are they all the same?

I don’t care either way. Northstar and 2.0 sound awesome!

I do with that it came with multitool/holster though haha.

You should make a review of the 2.0

I was so tempted of buying a mystery box. But then I figured it would just be products that haven’t sold.

Remember, they aren’t going to give just one expensive yoyo.

I agree and thought about that too. Jensen is no longer with YYF and hasn’t been for some time, so time to clear all the north stars left over, my thoughts is that a 2.0 $65.00 yoyo in toys r us is not going to sell very well or target or whoever they targeted with their brick and mortar only yoyo. I believe the JP wooden one was to benefit the victims of Japan which is a great cause, but again, they probably had a bunch of those left over, so it makes perfect sense that these would be thrown into this mystery box.

I didn’t buy the YYF B-stock mystery because it was probably going to be stuff that I already had or didn’t want, I turned out to be right. Only reason I bought this was for my 7 year old son for Christmas so if it was for me I would be very disappointed, but since it is for him, he is going to be excited and doesn’t care how old, new, popular, what have you the yo-yos are. So mission accomplished! I am happy to get these yo-yos for $40.00 and feel this is a success! I just got a One Drop Cafe Racer for about the same price.

Is that what’s in every mystery box? I thought I read something somewhere that said they might not all be the same…

If this is what is in most of them I am still quite pleased. I haven’t been yoyoing all that long (less than a year) and am working on trying to build a collection. I enjoy trying new shapes and materials and when you only have around 8 yoyos there is a lot of new things to try.

Yeah me too. The 2.0 looks really neat, anyway. And I’ve wanted a Protostar / Northstar for a while.

I only wish it came with a holster or multi-tool. It still might though! :smiley:

The deal is that most of them will be the same. However a few (could be 10% could be 10 of them we don’t know) will contain different items. Most will be the same, however, a few will be different. I think two or three people have received them so far and they were all the same, so based on that we can assume that those will be what the majority get, however there might be a few who get something unique. Who knows maybe 1 will have a high end yoyo in it just for kicks. No clue until probably Monday or Tuesday when more are received from around the country or world.