mystery box??

Ok i have only been at this around 8 months but i have seen some really nice mystery box videos i was curious is it worth it to get one and if so the regular or premium box and does anyone know when they get released?

They usually happen on black Friday. If there is an option for a premium box, it usually costs more, and has more stuff in it (or more high end stuff) than a regular box. I bought one for the last few years, and it’s always been worth it. It’s a “mystery,” so the key is to go into the deal with no expectations.

It’d be cool to see more Mystery boxes, not just a YYF box. Maybe a mixed company box, have a limited number of premium boxes mixed in and have the price at least cover what’s in the basic boxes. That way it’s really a mystery, not a whoever gets their box first can show what everyone else is going to get box. Not that those aren’t cool too :wink:

There are a lot of mystery boxes. They just don’t sell them here because this is YYE, and the other yoyo stores have their own custom mystery boxes. I know for a fact of 3 other stores that have mystery boxes, maybe 4.

1 Like

Yeah I know there are others, and no offense to them, but outside of YYE I only ever look at one other store that’s owned by a former Duncan Pro.

I have seen some private sellers in the BST put up their own “mystery boxes” which have seemed to always turn out pretty good. Maybe look around! They pop up on occasion

The YYF boxes have been great. I’m hoping to see another one. :wink:

I’ll have to try a mystery box from YYE this year.

I did my first mystery box from another place (cost $40) and came out with 2 odd Magic YoYos and a King Yo Star Pun. The pun itself was worth the mystery box and is a great throw.

Now since I’ve never done a mystery box (not counting the Japan pack) from YYE before can I anticipate absolute madness much like when YYE did the random Yeti drop over the summer?

Yeah, it’s a lot of click-ninja activity and more than a few “injured” parties when they don’t get their order through in time. Luckily we’ve all witnessed and experienced that the “injured” parties get over it pretty quickly and realize that they weren’t promised anything.

The crashed servers are tough, though. Three years ago (I think? The year with the Avant Garde) it wasn’t so much about the mad scramble as “can I complete an order before the server crashes”. :wink: To me it was all still in good fun, though.

Well this year there will probably be less Mystery Box buyers, because some people were upset about not having a lot of value int he box, I forgot what was in it but I think Gentry’s Regen and a few other plastics.

Maybe. But I doubt it. Where one falls, three more will be there to rise in their place. :wink:

Sweet pretty stoked to try and get one i like yyf throws i have replay,superstar,one,onestarx2,protostar, northstar,wait do i have the whole star line lol i just realized that. I have also had my eye on new genesis but waiting on a new colorway

Guilty

1 Like