The Ultimate Counterweight Thread

Chunkeez

(Warning no :clown_face:s allowed)

3 Likes

Chunkeez are all I use now lol.
but there are so many others too!!

2 Likes

There are some really cool CWs on this thread.
But I have yet to see this one on here.
By far the least painful CW I have used.

8 Likes

Here one I use and designed.

12 Likes

And the cocoon CW I was working on. It has a locking mechanism which worked pretty well but the space on the top where u fit in the string did get caught sometimes.

4 Likes

Hey guys. I was looking for those C3 CW: Porykons.
Any comments, sugestions?
Cheers!!!

I really like the momiji cube, but if you’re not attached to heavy square counterweights, I’d say the Saturn is their actual best model.

The Saturn is around 9g and the Cube is around 12g.

4 Likes

Agree on the momiji. It’s easy to thread too. I like the weight, the edges are pretty soft and doesn’t really hurt. Colors are pretty too.

4 Likes

Thanks guys, I will check out Momiji!!!

3 Likes

Momiji for the win!

Killer CW

1 Like

I have a couple pairs of old Astrojax Vmax’s and decided to throw one on a MYY V6 to learn some responsive 5A. so far it’s been a blast!

11 Likes

I don’t know why I haven’t cannibalized my AstroJax yet. Maybe because every time I get them out I find they are too rad to chop up, lol.

4 Likes

I have a set of the AstroJax MX (the soft shells) specifically for this purpose, but I’ve yet to implement it.

You can still buy them online, too.

4 Likes

Good idea on the Ajax, never thought of that. The idea popped in my head of using skateboard bushings with a bit of metal tube could be an awesome CW. I’mma mess with it and i’ll report back.

3 Likes

Ok… skateboard bushing are actually pretty perfect. These are independent super soft bushings. 2 top bushings is 9g, 1 bottom and 1 top is 10g and 2 tops with an old school duncan bearing spacer is 11g! The last option is my fav. I’m going to glue these together and run it with a bead setup!

13 Likes

The two top bushing combo looks rad! I have some indy mediums that I’ll have to try out.

3 Likes

Yeah! 2 tops looks sick. I shoe goo’d them together last night. Lol I for some reason had a red indy top bushing which i thiiink is the hard ones. It’s the exact weight as the super softs. I weighed venture bushings too, the clear purple ones. They are 2g lighter. But also venture bushings are about 1mm shorter then indy bushings. So it seems the durometer doesn’t matter at all for weight and i don’t think we’d notice a difference on our skin.

1 Like

It’s perfect :smiley:

11 Likes

Figured i’d add the standard bouncy ball in here. With a pen tube in the middle. Scale says it’s on the heavy side, most of them weighed either 12 or 13g. But they play great and don’t feel too heavy. Solid, cheap and easy option.

9 Likes

What do you use for stringing beads? Threading them with your fingers is a massive pain, but all of the stuff I’ve used in the past is just weird miscellaneous objects that are easy for me to lose.

In the past I’ve used small pieces of stripped, cored copper wire that I’d bend into a hook. I found bending the lead on a resistor is less effort and works just as well.

Curious what other people are using for stringing their bead CWs.

12 Likes