The Throw Key: only a handful available

there is supposed to be an o-ring there

3 Likes

That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure
Does it help keep it from unscrewing?

1 Like

No o-ring on my new one either. But it seems to tighten ok. I have it on a keyring with my spare guitar picks holder and a tiny led flashlight.

2 Likes

that was the goal, but tbh it has unscrewed on me once. for reference the v1 unscrewed on me fairly regularly unless i REALLY cranked it down lol

yes the o-ring goes there and it is supposed to prevent the cap to get unscrewed with the movement. The o-ring I used (and apologize for the ones that came without the o-ring — please DM so I can mail them to you no problem) measures 1.8 mm I.D. and a thickness of 1.2 mm which gives an outer diameter of 4.2 mm.

If you find an o-ring that measures a little bit more than 4.2 mm O.D., it will hold it tighter.

4 Likes

Any more coming?

Yes, we are planning to make more pretty soon.

4 Likes

I think I found them on the internet gargantuan big box store. They come 100 in a package. When they arrive and they are correct, I can send some out.

1 Like

If the I.d. is ~1.6-1.9 mm and the O.D. is ~4.3-4.5 mm that would be fantastic!

3 Likes

I need one of these so bad. How do I get one ?

1 Like

Just checked and I have 2 available that were on hold-- DM if interested.

GONE

3 Likes

The 0-rings I have on order appear to have the proper specs. I won’t know for sure until I get them in a couple of days. I will post back after verification.

fos1

@jeduardo Is the needle point sharp enough to remove C-Clips from bearings to deshield them?

1 Like

Definitely the 1st version of the tool is able to do so, however it was not designed to do so.

This second version, although it can move the c-clip, it is not thin enough to take it out. Let me see if I can just make the tip a slightly thinner or pointy to remove c-clips. That’s a great point!

This is how the needle point looks like:

perhaps by changing it like this, it can reach the c-clip properly:

6 Likes

I’m not sure the pointed tip in this illustration would make much difference with c-clips. Maybe test the tip before production. ?

Personally, I am good with the tip in the new version. JMHO

3 Likes

Thanks @fos1 ----Yes, we will make sure we keep the same structure of the recent version and see if we can accommodate a tip that can remove c-clips—that would be awesome!

4 Likes

No, the first version wasnt sharp enough either and that was sharp lol

2 Likes

The shape isnt the issue, its way too big to get above under the outer race/above the shield. First version was too. I tried REALLY damn hard to get a clip off to relube my deep state on a trip, never got it off.

I wouldn’t recommend trying to make the point sharpr again, it would need to be sharper than V1 to remove a shield.

2 Likes

This would be the sharpest we would do. It would be just in the first 1 mm of the needle tip.

But I think you are right @bheinz63 —probably is not worth the change and have a weaker needle point.

5 Likes

I also am not a fan of a string pick that could needlessly scratch the inside of the yoyo unless im being extremely careful. This is a keychain anyways, and who the heck is out in the wild playing with C-clips? It’s kind of a nice fantasy to imagine a yoyo tool that could do absolutely anything you would need, but this is an unnecessary feature that I wouldn’t put thought into designing.

Besides, this is already the best multitool for yoyo ive ever seen. Been waiting for it, but ive been busy so im a few days late. Zipline already sold out, lol

9 Likes