The Throw Key: only a handful available

Thanks for your feedback @eternalmetal – I think we will leave the tool as it is for the moment :wink:

5 Likes

Very well said! Having lucked out on getting a v2 pick from zipline, I was afraid the tip would be too sharp. I’m glad to say it’s exactly what I was hoping for and won’t cause any accidental stab wounds while digging for any knots.

I rarely tinker with c-clips, and when I do it’s with a safety pin which is significantly sharper than anything I’d want to poke at a knot with.

The only thing the current Throw Key doesn’t have is a string cutter. Though notice how I didn’t say missing, as I don’t feel it is necessary whatsoever to be included. Granted I always have a pair of scissors available in my office.

4 Likes

We tried adding a string cutter, but the machining complexity increased ($$$) substantially.

3 Likes

Don’t make it any more pointy This tool doesn’t need to be able to remove Shields. It’s a string pick not a shield remover. I haven’t even removed a bearing shield in years. Definitely never needed to do it out and about somewhere I didn’t have tools. I have both versions and the new one is just right.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input @pumagreen!! We will leave the Throw Key as it is :wink:

Really appreciate the comments and input of everyone!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

The tiny o-rings arrived today. They matched the specs but are too small. After several tries I managed to work one past the threads and it fit into the groove nicely. But, it is too small to make any difference. Too bad. :frowning:

I will try looking again…

4 Likes

That looks an awful lot the same as mine does with the o-ring granted mine came with it on and I haven’t taken it off but I don’t really feel it grab as you screw it together but it does hold it in place

1 Like

If anyone would like a few of these o-rings send me your address in a PM and I will send them out by US Post.

fos1

1 Like

I think making an attachment for the needle point to remove C clips would be more preferable to changing the string pick itself, although that would increase the cost of the product.

Thanks for looking into this @fos1 . Installing dozens of these o-rings was very challenging as you could imagine.

1 Like

the ideal size would be I.D. 1.8-1.9mm with 1.3 mm thickness (in inches: I.D. 0.07-0.074 in and 0.051 in thickness)— I just could not find it in Canada.

2 Likes

Agreed. The usability of the needle point, however, would not justify the extra cost. I think is cheaper to have a needle handy :wink:

4 Likes

Update: only a handful of throw keys available after organizing inventory.

2 Likes

I snagged one thanks for the update. I messaged about just combining my stuff. The wife would be more respective of one box vs several smaller ones. @jeduardo

3 Likes

YESSSSS! Got one! :slight_smile: I found out too late about these last time and I was kinda bummed about it. I’m lookin forward to having such a sleek yoyo multitool.

3 Likes

Yo any chance there will be another run of these? Looks like an awesome EDC tool.

3 Likes

+1, need one of those!

2 Likes

Yes that throwkey has to be the best yoyo multitool around. Have wondered if there would be another run.

5 Likes

More Throw Keys will be available by the end of this month.

10 Likes