I spent 15$ on an 8mm axle so you don't have to

Just to know it was a waste of money… it doesn’t make sense unless the gap is exactly what yoyo it is intended for, other wise its gonna create a gap or axle will still be offset a little… idk I guess we will see

11 Likes

Oooo interested

1 Like

Thought I heard those were for specific Turning Point yoyos.

1 Like

I didn’t know this was a thing. Hoping for a good turn out for you.

1 Like

I hoping i will find a throw it fits with precise machining will reduce vibe in something I own. This plus a ceramic bearing to reduce weight from the middle might notice a change :crazy_face:

I would say im - “cautiously hopeful”-

I did the opposite, with a micrometer and some simple math I figured out that my Vulcans can accommodate an axle that’s about 1 mm longer than what they come with so I cut an axle to fit within a half-a-thread.

I did it for increased durability rather than play characteristics, but I can’t say I noticed any difference in play between the original and custom axle. The difference in weight is too miniscule for my finger to notice.

Ivan

Hard to take close pics. Nice clean threads and no Allen key hole both sides are the same. It fits the don perfectly but I don’t notice any difference in vibe.
It fits a few of my throws and doesn’t fit others. I don’t have a scale that measures small enough weight to know if weights less than a normal axle. I tried placing it in my Sagittarius throw which is really smooth and with the new axle felt incredibly smooth a 10/10 on vibe. My guess is placebo

I haven’t seen any noticeable difference… it just seems like a theorical difference on paper but in real life- nothing. Maybe more of a difference on a TP throw as it was intended for? It is well made with crisp threads.

4 Likes