The "Not for Me" thread

I never really favored the Yoyojam Trinity.

Anything undersized. I just don’t like how they feel.

Undersized is da bomb digitty though!!!

Take this with a grain of salt as I am still a beginner, but the Speedaholic.

It seems built for fast, advanced play, and the weight distribution doesn’t feel right for a beginner trying to learn tricks on…it seems to tilt quite easily even with a solid throw if you are not moving fast enough. Not good when you are hesitating while learning a new trick.

I am sure in a year or so when I am much better, I will come back to it and love it though lol. :wink:

YYF Skyline - I think the skyline probably tilts the most out of all the yoyos i’ve tried. Spin time wasn’t great, and not much stability.

YYJ Theory - I’ve only tried it for about 20 minutes, but I couldn’t get over how heavy and clunky-feeling it was
YYJ Surge - Same reason as the Theory
General-Yo Amplitude - I wasn’t the hugest fan of the shape, and it just played kind of “meh”. Not good enough to justify buying.

I feel that if I play with a yoyo long enough I will start liking even if I dislike it at the start, but for this thread I would say the original diffusion.

I second this actually…As of this minute I dislike the Speedaholic for the reasons I stated but in a few months or a year down the road I might enjoy it because I have progressed from needing a super-stable yoyo for learning tricks on to a fast-play yoyo for speed/performance (which is what I feel the speedaholic was built for)

So in re-cap, I think if the yoyo is solid, and well built, it will appeal to someone at some point in there skill level.

The MMC didn’t fit my style at all. It was just to big which is weird cause the shape is one of my favs. But i felt like it was hard to move through the progression of tricks in my combos fluidly.

I like this thread. XD Interesting to see what people don’t like instead of constantly hearing whats best. XD
Um, honestly, the one throw that rings in my head that I really don’t like was the Duncan free hand or the zero. Just I have used both many times and just hate it. XD Never can get a feel for it, seems to always bites me or the string, me and that yoyo series just hate eachother. XD

Smooth yoyos.

Gnarwhal.

That Gnarwhal 2 is the bomb though. What a pleasant surprise. ;D

for some reason clyw yoyos just don’t do it for me…

I don’t like smooth and stable yoyos with long spin times. I like my yoyos with some vibe. I also dislike overrated yoyos. Yeah I tried out tons of CLYWs, Onedrops, Gsquares, yoyorecreation. None of them appealed to me.

Clyws since many of them don’t seem to play as well as I expect. But I have some pretty high expectations for yoyos as hyped as Clyws.
sOMEThING phaser. It’s a very good yoyo, better than many others I’ve tried. This yoyo can hang with the big boys (Anglam, Draupnir, Palpitation), however, I wasn’t a fan of how it felt in hand. It had a weird feel that I can vaguely describe as, chunky? If the whole thing was angular, that would be fine, but the flattened rims just don’t appeal to me.
Draupnir. Yes, draupnir. Way too fast for me, requires a light touch and I like >68 gram yoyos so this isn’t a suprise. But its still an unbelievably high performance throw and given enough time, I could like it.

I didn’t like the Adegle Accel, it felt too heavy even though it didn’t way much statistically.
In a week it has become the Bee’s Knee’s of all yoyos.
I think time is the answer to all of these… grievances.

Most CLYW’s I’ve tried have felt pretty meh to me.

cringes jk but they are my favorite yoyos ;D

1 Like

lately, anything with a bearing.

This used to happen to me and I changed the bearing to a center trac (you can swap to KK as well), but the point is that I think the flat bearing causes it to tilt for some reason. Every since I changed the bearing it didn’t tilt anymore.

Funny enough I have a Token with a flat bearing and it doesn’t tilt at all. And while on the subject I REALLY like that yoyo.

I had a MYY K9 that would tilt no matter what I did. I didnt like its weird shape either. It just never felt right and I played with it a lot to see if I would get used to it. Needless to say I ended up trading it.