The New 1A world Champ!

I knew it!!!

I totally expected him to be near the top if not at the top. Seeing his most recent videos plus the EYYC performance, some of his tricks are just mind-blowing. Iā€™m actually surprised that some people didnā€™t have him on their radar! I thought he was a clear contender if not necessarily a shoo-in.

Agreed about the stage presence, though. I was more ā€œentertainedā€ by some of the other performers, even though watching Janos and going ā€œwhat on earth did he just DO there???ā€ is a kind of entertainment, too. :wink:

The poor guy was shaking!

Janos personality isnā€™t the backflip smile type. Heā€™s pure intensity and he works that well. Since that first video of his you could see how he stood out!! I loved his choice of music, it plays such a huge part in the overall performance. Music choice. Luis was super entertaining!!!

I also like his shorts

he has one.

I found Johnā€™s very entertaining. Janos was just standing there, looking at his YoYo. If this guy threw in some performance, itā€™s would be a guaranteed win all the time.

I just now realized. Isnā€™t he the first European to EVER win a World Yoyo Contest in any category.

I could have used better word choice. I meant to say: Duncan was right to make a special edition Barracuda for Janos.

Janos was showing us his freestyle few weeks ago in Poland and we discussed with him why he doesnt include more perfo. He is just too nervous, when he try to do more performance, look to audience and other stuff, he just start to miss a lot.

So he does less performance to make sure his tricks are as best as possible. And Iā€™m glad we get clear awesome really breathtaking tricks, than another crazy guy jumping all over stage.

About his win, I was cheering for him, but it surprised me, especially when he made so many mistakes compared to his EYYc freestyle.

Looking forward to next year worlds in Prague, where he will try to defend his title.

Iā€™m so happy about Hankā€™s win in 3A, he now lives in Prague in apartment with Kentaro and he was practicing hard every day for past few months. His 3A is just best and he is always so clean! :slight_smile:

Inmotion won in AP.

I did. Iā€™ve been expecting that since I really started following him (so thatā€™s at least 5 months now). Heā€™s so far ahead of everyone else in 1A that itā€™s crazy. He definitely deserved it. Amazing tricks. I found him letting the craziness of the tricks speak over jumping around the stage much more entertaining anyway. And his body wrap banger tricks are justā€¦ Wow. Iā€™m really excited to see Duncan Crew coming back to the competition scene more. Yeah, Hank is amazing at 3A and does a ton for their team, but with a 1A title now for Duncan, that will do some good.

1 Like

I was expecting Christopher Chia to win, to be honest. I was half-and-half about Janosā€™s freestyle but my opinion is irrelevant for a nobody like me. He snagged the gold and thatā€™s all what matters.

But Iā€™m with the restā€¦it felt like 1A this year wasnā€™t really shining. I was pretty upset when I heard Anthony Rojas and Tatsuya Fujisaka didnā€™t make finals. Mickeyā€™s first ever placement below top 4 in 10+ years of him competing.

I personally liked 2A and 3A this yearā€¦but thereā€™s no thread for that.

I have nothing but respect for Janos and he deserved to win for the sheer innovation and epicness of his tricks. However I feel like his style will get old very soon. I like to think of this as the Jensen Effect. Jensen in 2010 was an unstoppable force. Ever since he hasnā€™t really placed high at contest even at the lowest levels such as state comps. I feel like this will happen to Janos soon. His style is so unique that people will get tired of it. I love his stuff and the towers and epic rejections are amazing. Just how you could tell jensens yoyoing even without seeing his face I feel like Janosā€™ style is the same way. He rightfully deserves this years world title but I think weā€™re gonna see a new world champ next year.

1 Like

Well I ment the major style categoryā€™s. AP Is more than just yoyoing.

Please quit talking about how he won because of Duncan.

Duncan did nothing to help him win besides provide the yoyo to him.

He would have won regardless.

Thanks.

Whoā€™s been saying that he only won because of Duncan? I definitely havenā€™t heard that one, but whoever is saying it is obviously wrong. He won because of skill, not sponsors.

Iā€™ve been watching Janos on YouTube for a while now and never once has my jaw closed. I was just smiling the entire was through this freestyle last night.

Honestly, though, I didnā€™t expect him to WIN going into the comp. I thought 2nd or 3rd for sure. I had high hopes for Mickey after seeing the stuff he has been doing prior to Worlds. He bombed.

I know Janos is from Hungary, but was he representing Hungary in the contest? :slight_smile:

Did he mess up about 20 seconds in.