The Mystery of Mystery Boxes - Mods Stance

This is a store, not a game show.

We shouldn’t have to register for a sale, it should be open to all.

1 Like

Yeah this wouldn’t work very well. too much work in it. Just doing the first come first served is the best way. Leaves out all the variables and the whiners.

I was pretty mad I missed it. Since I had the page open watched the counter hit zero then bam couldn’t. Do anything. But whatever. I’m over it.

I’m more mad that all the hype on the big Black Friday sale and then only 55 of these things were available. Kinda crappy knowing all the hype about the people saying they wanted one. But whatever I know it was a special event and so on.
But then after I missed that I was looking for sales. No Sales. Just a discount for over $100 purchases. I thought yoyos were going to be discounted or big strng deals or something.

Whatever saved me a few $100 bucks I intended on spending. So for that I thank you.

For the past few Black Friday’s, since I’ve been on this site, YYE has only discounted purchases over $100. Technically, they don’t have to discount anything if they don’t want to.

I’m very well aware of that but there was lots of talk about a huge sale. Not for nothing this is my first year into yoyoing and new to YYE. It is what it is I’m over it. Just making a statement.

I really wish the transaction software these stores use had a configurable (by the admin) timer on the cart, like at some ticket sites. That way when you put some high-demand item in your cart it could announce you have 5 minutes to purchase the item. If the item isn’t purchased it goes back in inventory, but in the meantime you don’t have what appears to be a “theft” from your cart.

This is all so reminiscent of the early ILYY and CLYW experiences at Pat’s store, and the reactions are the same: customers are outraged, vendors are stunned, and store owners are apologetic (but still gleeful). It just seems like you could reduce the angst somewhat by either doing something like what is suggested above, or always advertising sales like this as a potential mosh pit so that people can mentally prepare. I mean, people know what to expect when they walk into Filene’s Basement.

Honestly, after seeing all this, and not to sound harsh, but…

I hope YYE doesnt do any more discounts and sales again, take that you kids with attitudes.

Harsh? Maybe, but I was shocked by the reactions of some people, and what someone said, YYE didn’t have to do the sale, complaining they only had 55 boxes, just be thankful they had even 55. After this situation though, Do all these kids having bad attitudes deserve more sales and discounts? I say no.

sorry.
: \

8 Likes

I actually agree with you… If these people can’t handle the fact that they didn’t one, and they are getting angry at the store, then why have them? YYE tried to do something nice, and when something that they couldn’t expect happened, the got bad remarks for it. If these people are so ungrateful that they can’t recognize a something nice the store tried to do, why continue? Also sorry if it seems harsh :stuck_out_tongue:

well, maybe the people who act like this are going away is a good thing. just think every sale these people are going to keep complaining.

Sometimes, a verbal spanking is needed!

1 Like

yeah, not like this is a business or anything. its obvious people cant go anywhere else to buy this same exact stuff, oh wait… yeah, i guess there is no need to try and attract costumers, your right

Lose the attitude
Im saying that all these kids who cant appreciate the sales and the work YYE does, don’t deserve to get all these sales and deals. No appreciation and instead being angry and having bad attitudes, deserves reward doesn’t it…
: \

I didn’t get one, and I was pretty frustrated. I made a few posts about it and realized how stupid I was being. I knew the next couple of days would be arguing about the mystery boxes, and I didn’t want to see it. I logged off of YYE and haven’t come on for the last 3 days. I’m not looking back at the posts. I honestly can’t believe this is still being discussed, just get over it.

1 Like

I see your point and I respect it. All I’m saying is that its a business, and its not a smart move to pass judgment on the customers. That would be like the manager at McDonald’s saying “Nope, that kid doesn’t get a toy in his happy meal because he didn’t appreciate his hamburger.” Not very likely that they will go back to that same restaurant again. I do see your point though, its time for the kids to get over it

Unless you REALLY wanted a Hectic, Glow DieNaster or Starlite, and an Undeniable DVD, some stickers and a yoyo holder, don’t be too disappointed.

I agree with you. But just some things I don’t like. I don’t see how you say they are unappreciative of YYE just because they complain of not getting a mystery box. You see this everywhere. When CLYWs go out of stock there will probably be one or two people who get pissed and rant but they get ignored move on. This Mystery Box thing was just amplified by the hype it recieved before release. They all sold out a minute or three before the server crashed guys, if you missed it it was your own fault.

Well, just saying. You didn’t get one. Too bad, you missed a Hectic and a die nasty. Look on the bright side guys we can add $35 to the budget for our next yoyo =D

Time to be done with it

2 Likes