The Mystery of Mystery Boxes - Mods Stance

Listen up guys
You didn’t get a mystery box. Sorry, there were only 55 of them, and internet store systems don’t count an item as sold until the charge is applied. Same would happen on Amazon, New Egg, Tiger Direct, and yes, even other yoyo stores.

Answers to some common Gripes:

I WANT ONE BUT YOUR SOLD OUT I HATE PONIES -
Sorry, next time have your lucky rabbits foot with you

I HAD ONE IN MY CART BUT DIDN’T CHECK OUT FAST ENOUGH -
Sorry, it happens. Best bet is to have your billing info all ready in the YYE system or in a file ready to copy and paste

I SAW THEM SELL OUT BUT STILL WANT ONE AND I HATE PONIES -
Ever watch Opera? She gives out stuff like free cars, vacations, and TV’s. Think you deserve one just for watching?

MY THREAD ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE PONIES GOT DELETED -
Yes, It clutters the board to have 84 locked threads about the same thing.

Here it is guys.
You start a thread about not getting a mystery box, I won’t lock it, I’ll delete it. If I have to do it more than once, your taking a vacation on the Ban Hammer express.

You start a thread bragging about how you got a Mystery Box, Your being a jerk and showboating. I won’t lock it, I’ll delete it.

Simple right? It was a Black Friday sale, YYE had 55 boxes, I didn’t get one either but that does that mean that I need to or an justified in complaining about how Andre wasn’t here to massage my shoulders to ensure a smooth transaction. Be THANKFUL that the deal was even offered to you in the first place. If still upset, go hug a puppy. Your NOT entitled to anything, it was FIRST charge FIRST serve.

Period End.

10 Likes

Holy Crap dude you should be an 8th grade teacher!!! :o

Oh, the page wouldn’t load? I’d imagine that’s the equivalent of being trampled. Would you rather be trampled?

[quote=“dryoyo,post:1,topic:21281”]
I know, right? Just before her last aria, that’s always my favorite part.

3 Likes

Well, at least I hope someone will put a box on the BST ;D

dr.yoyo is completely right. i stayed up, just to buy one, and i missed out. i was bummed for a few minutes, but i got over it and got a great deal. everyone just needs to come down and understand that there was only 55 of these, on a website of near 200 people. of course not everyone is going to get one. people just need to come down and get over it.

I like ponies and I like yo-yos, NOw we should end world hunger

On a serious note, I stayed up and found out as I checked out the mystery box with shipping was too expensive. TRAGIC

BUT I hugged a puppy and it all went away.

Yes - again - we really apologize for all frustration with the YoYoFactory Mystery Boxes friday. The pure demand surprised us as much as everyone else that the YoYoFactory Mystery Box was gone in just seconds!

We pulled up some statistics after last night and it turns out the page was refreshed over 10,000 times between 12:00am and 12:05am. That means that there was probably somewhere between 500-1000 people all trying to grab the limited 55 boxes that YoYoFactory actually sent to us.

Again we are incredibly apologetic for frustration but the demand on this item completely exceeded both ours and YoYoFactory’s expectations! We did everything we could to ensure our website servers (we even have two separate servers here) were operating at top notch and while they didn’t actually go down the load of 500 people refreshing the web page at the same time was just too great - it was somewhat chance and luck as to who managed to get one!

This type of deal when in such high demand is always about ‘luck’. For those of you familiar with the site www.woot.com they always have the same type of issue when they sell their ‘mystery bags’ at the end of their ‘woot offs’. And they have incredible servers - no matter how much you prepare there is only so much you can do. We tried to emphasize that this was about ‘chance’ from the beginning.

And yes - a product is only reserved for a customer once payment is completed. We have hundreds of kids putting lots of products into carts that they want all day here. If we allowed those to be placed on hold every time that happened keeping track of inventory would become a pure nightmare - and half our inventory of yo-yos would be out of stock as kids continue to put them in their carts, etc.

If you have any further comments or suggestions about this type of thing we gladly take those into consideration and do respond at Contact@YoYoExpert.com.

We hope everyone here knows that we love all of you and try to do special things like this because of that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You did fine, there was simply nothing you could do. YYE is awesome anyway, because I didn’t see anywhere else have those…

anyway… any hints as to what’s inside? :stuck_out_tongue: Just messing… it’s a mystery :wink:

Wow, yeah it was just incredible. I’m so glad there’s probably going to be no more hate because of this thread, because I’m getting sick of it. So thanks for clearing everything up Andre and Dryoyo. This thread should really help. :wink:

All I can say is thank you for the 15% off sale i finally got some of the things i had been saving for, and i saved some cash too!

Who knows, those of you who missed out may end up being grateful you didn’t get one. I wouldn’t complain until after you find out what’s in the box. You may have saved yourself $35. I was lucky enough to snag one of the boxes. I hope there is something awesome in there. However, I have this feeling like I might be disappointed. No what I’m going to do is set a zero expectation policy for this mystery box, then by definition, ANYTHING in the box will exceed my expectations.

1 Like

Thats the right attitude! Well thank you dr. and andre for helping people get over their losses. The boxes are probably gonna be an amazing deal, 100 dollars worth of stuff, for just 35! anyway, Will there be any other time as to when you might be doing this? Near christmas maybe?

There are too many people HATE’N on PONIES!!! It’s not their fault they are cute and you are not ;D

In the end the good Dr. is right, be happy it was even offered. I didn’t get one either…oh well, that’s life. I picked up a POPstar and to be honest, I’m pretty darn stoked about it. I also got myself a Mexican 1st Gen Turbo bearing top w/ that money, so I think I made out pretty good. Stop jaw’n about it and go throw a yoyo!

2 Likes

It still doesn’t change the fact that I didn’t get one, even though I was asleep and had no money.

IT WAS IN MY CART

LOL, but it would sell out. They even said that holding it in your cart doesn’t reserve it.

It’s all YYE’s fault I hate this site, I’m never coming here again, blahblahblah.

Love you guys

LOL, that’s exactly what everyone else is like now. Everyone’s quiting these forums now and making me sad.

And this is the part where I’d be like “Im serious”.

But I love being a jerk to all of you guys…
C’mere.

GROUP HUG

so i kinda have an idea for the next time there is some big deal offer like this one. make it like a raffle type deal and have everyone who wants one register or something then they pick the people randomly and the people who get chosen get the oppurtunity to buy one and if they dont buy it within a certain time then they give it to someone else who can then buy it. and also since they know in advance who wants one then theyll know about how many they should get so this way more people who want them can have them and also there wont be people who sit by their computers for hours waiting for midnight to come only to be dissapointed when the servers crash.