The Key is Consistency

The people who have been the most incensed by your post are the ones you should be paying the most attention to. Understand why they are upset and ask yourself why something you said may have made someone feel this way. Ignoring the people who disagree with you and undercutting them with a positive attitude is super toxic. It makes the forum feel like a less welcoming place.

5 Likes

Well, here’s the thing. It’s a fine line between discussing topics with people who disagree with you, and verbal warfare from intense opinions. I have seen SO many threads like this get locked after written shouting matches. It is so very easy to devolve into that.

So when someone comes in with a really intense reply, and it seems pretty clear that they were more interested in expressing anger than having a discussion (which I totally understand by the way), I generally make the call that its best not to take those head on. Trying to keep the peace and all that.

And I apologize if my attitude seems toxic to you. I really do. I was more trying to have good manners than undercut anyone.

4 Likes

I think the anger in here is being really over emphasized . Most of the responses I have seen here have been about expressing their point.

What kind of response is it that you were looking to engage with this post?

I say this kindly but it feels like this post was more about making yourself seem superior under the veil of “I’m tying to motivate you to practice more yo-yo”

2 Likes

What is this topic even about? It’s funny as well as sad but I think I will stop reading it.

4 Likes

Personally I have hit a plateau in my yoyoing which I am completely content with. I use a yoyo as an escape, as a way to decompress from a day. I don’t need any more tricks in my bag to do so. Sure if I were to take my throwing time each day and work on new tricks I don’t doubt I would see an improvement but that isn’t why I’m throwing.

That said you will never see me complain about not being able to do something, or saying I don’t have the time to learn.

4 Likes

Damn @nightshadow all this responding you’re having to do is cutting into your yoyo time :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

All love bro lmao

5 Likes

I totally agree, threads getting locked because people are getting too heated is never a fun thing. Everyone wants this to be a peaceful discussion. But imagine how it feels to tell someone that something they said has rubbed you the wrong way and their response is to ignore you because they already know you’re going to turn it into a ‘verbal warzone’. It comes off as, well, condescending.

You can still engage, stay civil, and let them dig their own grave if they really do have nothing to contribute to the discussion. But I’ve found that those types of people will shout endlessly into the void even if the rest of the world pretends they’re not there. But if you give people a chance you might be pleasantly surprised :slight_smile:

1 Like

Locked at the request of the OP.

5 Likes