The k00k13

IMO raw yoyos don’t look good. Better to have it bb’d.

Did you get the point of this yoyo? All basic, no fancy stuff. If you’re going to go with basic, leave it raw, no blasting, no spikes. As clean as possible. Like an Oxy (except the Ti axle setup)

I’m doubting that this is even going to become something more than a CAD drawing. Is this just a fun CAD project or something you really want to make?

Wouldn’t back to the basics mean pad response?

Oh how I’d love pad response.

Make em chaz pads
And why can’t it have spikes that’s simple

Simple has nothing to do with it. He’s going retro thats all.

Pads and I’d get on board. For me, the specs are a strike out, but I’m always up for change, and would love to support Josh :slight_smile:

looks awesome, nice rounded rims, some good space on the inside for some wicked thumb grinds great work!!!

For some reason it reminds me of a G&E 4

where did the name k00k13 come from ust curoius

To answer some questions:

Yes this is something that I am hoping to actually accomplish.
Not just a 3D design.
At this current stage, We are trying to find a machinist to help us with this.

I was originally planning to have pad response in this, but I asked many people beforehand and an overwhelming number said that they would not get one if it didn’t have silicone. (Can’t please everyone I guess, either way someone will want it the other way).

The name k00k13 came from the person who actually helped me think of the ideal specs and shape for the yoyo (Person who nom’s yoyos). When she thought of the name k00k13, It just seemed to be a cool name for a yoyo that would be quite memorable.

Also about it seeming like a GnE 4.
I was afraid of it seeming like other yoyos.
When I set out to make this yoyo, I was thinking back to the old dif-e-yo yoyos actually.
Many yoyos made these days will usually resemble something else.
I hope it will seem classic, yet original.

Thanks for the questions guys!
I very much want to do this for real, and I pray that one day I will have a “k00k13” in my hands to throw.

J.
:slight_smile:

also i think that if you wanted it to sound retro call it something like
the vinyl
or the 8 bit
or even the analog
i dont know just something more retro sounding

it looks like a small gap so i would make it small bearing

Axle post is very similar to a Stardust.
just an observation.

and looks pretty nice. Hope everything goes according to plan!

while some people like small bearings i despise them and wold not like it all but onthers might love it

Hey guys,

Me and Josh really appreciate your comments.

As the designer of this thing, Its really cool hearing all of your thoughts. However, its really complex to get a CAD design together. There is so much math involved, and sometimes, it beings to be a pain. Don’t get me wrong, its a blast, but its annoying.

With that said, its really tough to changed the bearing size. The bearing seat is so complicated. The pads, they’re not as bad, but the bearing, ugh.

We’re planning on getting a nice ano’d classic finish on this. Again, we’re not trying to go large here, just a nice oldschool throw. Thanks for everything guys!

My idea:

-keep the shape
-small bearing
-pad response
-POWDERCOAT

Exactly my thoughts when I first saw it.