The INTENSE FHZ mod thread

Those are gorgeous!!

for all you guys and girls who are good at modding(unlike me lol) would it be possible to drill out holes for yyf grind machine spacers to make a fhz take a c bearing? If anyone thinks it could be possible i might try it here soon.

Turns out that the Duncan Freakhand zero can press fit a Shin woo light kit right onto the axle nub. Its litterally perfect. I know the pulse model exists, but this looks to cool to not show. I love it. Its stable from the center wheight

Brb, buying freak hand lol

Btw, the freak hand is closer to the fh2 than the zero from what I’ve heard

the only difference between the freakhand and the fh2 is the caps

Yeah. I mixed it up.

Where’s Luke Vader when you need him?

That’s a common misconception actually. The Freakhand is slightly smaller, lighter, and a tad wider as well. They are extremely similar though, and i doubt you could tell the difference just by playing it.

The more you know XD

None of these are mine unfortunately, but these are some of my favorites. Thanks to Luke Vader for the pictures.

These were made by Sonny I believe, wax freehands!

The Card FH:

My personal favorites, Vader painted FHs…

Those look cool…

Hmm… why aren’t there more people moding the Replay Pro? I have both and I can say that the Replay is a far better yoyo. Though… I will admit the Freehands do have a certain feel that is quite nice, the Replay just plays better.

Same price too. The only downside to it is that you cant do the interior painting thing.

A lot of the FHZ “mods” are paint jobs, and most all paint jobs are done on the clear ones. The finish on the replay doesn’t lend itself to painting. The other popular mod for FHZs is to replace the sticker with a sili groove. The replay already has sili o-rings. Doesn’t leave much to do on them, does it…

This is very true, there were a TON of paint jobs, still a minor modification nonetheless. Shame not too many people paint them anymore, to this extent at least.

Well, there are crazier modders out there, like the delrin rims, or metal, SPRs, etc… and that could be done to the Replay

HOWEVER, I think the replay plays great stock anyway. I can’t really see a reason to mod one

By far the best playing setup yet. Crucial large bearing SPR and delrin rims. 69.8 grams.

here just take my money :smiley:

saw that on FB, love all the FHZ work that’s been done lately

I found an old yoyonation thread about dying yoyos so I thought I’d give it a try. It was a fail. Still kind of cool, I’ll rock it.

What was the original color?

white