The INTENSE FHZ mod thread

Yeah, white should work out fairly well. Did you use acetone with the dye or just straight water.

I did add acetone. Seemed like quite a lot. I used the whole pack of dye too. The dye seemed to take real well where it’s been modified. Do you know how long to leave it in? The yoyo nation thread left that part out.

Does that work with something like lighter fluid? since I think it’s less aggressive than acetone?
A method I read before was actually boiling the yoyo with the dye, forgot the detail, and looking at it now that may risk shrinking the yoyo a bit.

That is one hella FHZ, truly beautiful.

I just posted 2 articles from elsewhere regarding how to dye with acetone. One article says 5 minutes, the other 10. It depends on the concentration and how deep you want the color.

These articles are also listed in Useful modification and maintenance guides - Clean, repair, tune, fix yoyos

Note: Read the precautions in those articles. Acetone is somewhat harsh to your skin and eyes. It will also soften plastic and mar surfaces. Use with caution.

Probably not.

1 Like

dyeing the yoyo by boiling is only for celcon and delrin yoyos.

1 Like