The INTENSE FHZ mod thread

Terrible picture, but here’s mine. Delrin rims, silicone recess, cleaned bearing. Plays amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/kVDPQah.jpg

3 Likes

Wow, that looks like a real jem.

I finally got my hands on this beauty. Takeshi mod, recessed stickers and a color changing paint job. I need a good camera, these pics don’t do this thing justice.

Pic

VERY nice! Love me some FHZ’s and there is nothing like a Takeshi modded FHZ!! Congrats :wink:

Here are a few of my favorite’s. Only the clear lightup is stock, rest all different mods… NO mods done by me! lol :-X :stuck_out_tongue: I just enjoy them! :slight_smile:

**Details about them, Start at the Clear going clock-wise…
*Clear Stock Lightup FHZ; *Small bearing/Sili-Recess Glitter (YYN Eye) w/ white caps; *John Higby Painted Space w/ large bearing and stock duncan pads/NO recess; *Takeshi mod large bearing spacers Transitional Freehand Zero w/ “Takeshi Mod” caps and custom aluminum weight rings; *Takeshi mod small bearing/half sili-recess/half pad-recess Transitional Freehand Zero w/ SpinGear caps and custom aluminum weight rings…

1 Like

Wow Nic that collection is amazing. A Higby FHZ is next on my list.

Those transitional ones are SWEEEET. ;D

I know you people have fhz’s you what to show off!

I need to dig out some and get pictures… I have a titanium rimmed fhz that is one of my favorites.

I’m currently working on releasing a small batch of the ‘ultimate fhz mod’ :wink:

Kyle

Nice Kyle… Ready to see these pictures and this ‘Ultimate FHZ mod’ you speak of… expecting it to be awesome like the rest of you mod work!

This little guy is a silicone recessed J-Rod mod. When I saw these caps I knew they would look great on this throw. The shipping from Japan was about 4× the cost of the caps. Worth it? I think so!

1 Like

Here is an old one of mine from 2010 I did for PutridNebula

has anyone thought about putting z stacks on a fhz, shaving down the stacks and the cap and gluing the caps on? I think that would be a fun idea

spinning fhz caps has been done, yes.

Kyle

Those caps are the sechs, good call

I guess this counts too. ILYY Trvth fiited with the hub from a FH2 after the original one fell out. I feel it actually has a stronger hub than before, as there was very little material holding the bearing seat post to the rest of the YoYo. Plays well too, and can be tuned to have no vibe at all.

Oh yeah, I think I saw your TRVTH on Facebook, it looks good! I love the engraving on it also

Delrin rims, sili groove and a C size KK bearing

Delrin rims, sili groove and a C size KK bearing

This a Freehand 1 i had modded my Frank Difeo an John Higby in the ealy 2000s. C size bearing amd the painted caps were from a Duncan Ballistic. Wish i still had it, needed the money about ten years ago and sold it.

1 Like