The “Greatest” Yoyo of all time?

Is there such thing as the “greatest” yoyo of all time? A yoyo that consistently outperforms all the others in spin/performance etc.? I know that many yoyos cannot be compared, but is there a yoyo that’s just better than the rest?

2 Likes

Everyone will tell you a different opinion. So I’d say no, there is no “best” one

5 Likes

i kinda expected this to be the “average” response i would get. if you had a “greatest” yoyo, what would it be?

2 Likes

the Shutter definitely changed yoyoing quite a bit.
Edit:
i don’t know if it tops all other yoyos, but it is an amazing yoyo.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried out many. Right now my favourites are the hummingbird and motive. If I had to chose just one, I’d say the motive

3 Likes

the butter

2 Likes

yeah the shutter good but the butter is the GOAT!!!

2 Likes

haven’t tried it, is it good?

2 Likes

Is it worth the money?

3 Likes

Correct.

By the way. Your answer is the most correct answer of all time.

1 Like

Question too broad in scope. Timeline not realistic. Any conclusion would be specific to what people have tried before deciding. And any conclusion would most certainly only reflect yoyos they have thrown. And almost nobody has owned or thrown everything.

Of all time…? All time means little. In the current yoyo world; all time constitutes at most; the last 30 years. No use even considering older yoyos that would not scale very high on any performance comparative chart.

So… we should probably start with: the Freehand, the Renegade and yoyos of that nature.

Most likely you are considering 1A yoyos. But asking about the greatest yoyo of all time, without being specific, would encompass 1A through 5A yoyos.

Your question does not consider whether the yoyos are dead stock in amateur hands or fully modified in the hands of a top level player?

Should we just consider yoyos that have had worldwide distribution that thousands have tried to enable a more realistic world opinion?

Or should we include the very small batches of very expensive, high performance yoyos like the Yoyorecreation Dazzler?

Since the answer to your question is ‘not possible’. A more realistic question would more likely be, ‘What in your opinion would be the very best yoyo you have ever thrown? And list the yoyos you had compared to the one you finally chose?

…Nobody on this yoyo forum can answer your question(as written) with any highly accurate conclusions. Because even the most talented players, makers, designers, competitors; would still be basing their conclusions on what they have thrown enough to come up with an opinion.

Don’t get me wrong… I love the question. The Greatest of all time questions always sound fun.

But some questions of this nature are just not possible to answer with any high level of true accuracy.

For example, what’s the Greatest pie of all time? Apple, cherry, berry, pumpkin, banana cream, etc.?

Most might choose Apple.

I would choose lemon meringue. <> Even that choice would only be based on pies I have tried.

…Now, just to give you a reasonably possible answer based on what I am aware of. Even though I have only thrown one for about 5 minutes.

In my personal opinion, the greatest yoyo design would have to be the Nostalgia wire wheel yoyo by Shinobu.

And quite possibly the least tried yoyo of all time, lol.

4 Likes

You’re all wrong…The GOAT yoyo is:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D15kbeI81_MQ&ved=2ahUKEwjo8LWthp3nAhWvUt8KHXHpC7cQwqsBMAB6BAgEEAQ&usg=AOvVaw07GhTXAchbztEBcmeoQIsB

2 Likes

defiantly, it’s REALLY GOOD!!! it might be 65g but it plays really fast if you want it too. i would be willing to pay $150

1 Like

the best throw yet

2 Likes

5 Likes

Uhhh……Twitch buddy, you should know better than to post a pic of a pink yo when next to your name Green=Love. Get it together! :speaking_head: lol

4 Likes

haha I know!
/lowers head in shame

2 Likes

When this came up before, I was told in no uncertain terms that the answer is entirely “personal opinion” and so all answers are equally valid. Consequently, I never understood the point of these threads, except perhaps as an excuse for yo-bros to (metaphorically) sit around, get high, and talk about the yoyos they like. :roll_eyes:

The “Greatest” Yoyo of all time?

Tom Kuhn’s The Big-yo… :smiley:

https://www.tomkuhn.com/cool-stuff/

2 Likes

Nope.