The "eh" thread.

Agreed, I don’t think I’d ever let one of these go.

Have you played yours yet? I think you’ll come to the same conclusion. I’ve not plays the first 2 versions, but the 2014 is ungodly.

1 Like

haha… I’ve played my 14 Eh every day since it got here… arguably one of the best wood throws ever made.

I looked for an original and 13 Eh for about 6 months, found 2 for sale… one was a little more than I was willing to pay for a beat up throw shy of it coming from Ed himself…

Two, I missed the BST post by about 9 minutes when someone bought it. That one was mint and for a more than fair price.

Have never seen others for sale… hence why I have 2 2014 Ehs.

1 Like

With everyone buying pairs, it looks like we could start a 2Eh division. Hahaha.

Couldn’t pass on that one.

If I could only 2 Eh… Eh…

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t do 2a either. Couldn’t resist the joke, thanks for playing along. That’s just me though…jokes so corny you can call me Orville.

i have dreams some nights where i stealthily qualify at worlds with a modern yoyo then bust out an eh and do a bunch of silly fixed axle tricks in the finals. hundreds of point deductions for regens. mostly forward passes and stalls. go down in history forever.

and then then the deductions dont matter because my string broke at some point and the yoyo hit a guy in the head. im disqualified and kicked out of tokyo. i trade my no jives for a raft and float to an island, and find out its cuba. i live in cuba for years, married with kids, mortgage and all.

one day i float to the USA on the tom kuhn big yo…

to be continued.

A fellow corn lover… my wife says she married me because I’m cute and funny… and someday, I’ll just be funny…

This made me crack up! Can we make this into a movie?

Or… can someone with enough skill to qualify for a big tournament do this? I’m looking at you Ed.

Perhaps, if this fixed axle movement continues to grow, there could be a separate “fixed axle” competition event.

I know there used to be fixed axle divisions at some of the state competitions (from what I’ve read anyway), maybe we could bring them back.

I hear ya man. My girlfriend always tells me that with my sense of humor, I was born to be a dad.

I stand corrected. I just was watching youtube and found clips from the 2013 World Yoyo Contest. I guess the fixed axle events just do not get featured.

yeah we’ve had fixed axle contests at worlds most years since the late 90’s. tk/what’s next held one in 99, russell ran them for several years, and we rebooted them in 2009 in the fixed axle breakout, which became “fixed axle championship of all the world”. they moved to the main stage for 2012 and 2013. this year, we never got around to organizing it. drew and i meant to get it together at iyyc, but ran out of time.

in general, it’s an invitational contest with 10-15 competitors who have distinguished themselves with fixed axles. we have a randomized trick category and everyone has 3 chances to hit a trick that fits it. then after each round, all the competitors give their two shoes to the players who threw their favorite two tricks. the ones with the most shoes move on. all competitors continue to vote. in 2013, the final round was a freestyle fixed-axle b-boy battle.

i know jen baybrook, dazzling dave, adam brewster, and miggy won in the past. winners  in the shoe-voting era have included drew, randy j, colin leland, me, and ben conde. nate sutter is always at the top, too. that guy kills.

it’s basically the best yo-yo contest setup ever.

http://vimeo.com/5195519http://vimeo.com/6135979
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6YOPwKqEu0

3 Likes

I’m the king of the waka waka jokes and dad jokes and hands down my favorites… Phil Dunphy is my idol.

Ed, those videos are awesome. Now that’s a competition I’ll jump into… so fun!

1 Like

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8589/16155696022_cb48e76f22_c.jpgEHvolution by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

super cool. it’s so rad that this project HAS been allowed to develop.
i’m not anywhere near the photographer TA is, but here are my main players from each “generation”.

top left is the original mock up we did in steve’s garage (scorch-marks and all). center is the one i played all 2012 w/hemlock axle. top right 1st production run, bottom l 2013, bottom right 2014.

1 Like

Great pictures! I love how these yoyo’s get darker with age. I just got my second in the mail today and I forgot how light colored they are new. So far I am getting the best sleep/response balance with a slick 6 which kind of surprised me but works great. I can’t get over how much I love this yoyo, it has totally opened up fixed axle throwing for me!

1 Like

Drool!

Just got my 2014 eh. Super excited to start sucking less at fixed axle play

This is like a photo of the original Harlem Globetrotters. Dream team of yo!

Mine just arrived. I love the TMBR axle system. I had been eyeballing a Sullivan or Moxon, then this was released and it made the decision for me. I like how adjustable it is and even allows some tweaking of the gap just by playing with the wood screws. The white oak really is beautiful wood and that grain is just perfectly even. Also, that default gap width is perfect, especially playing imperial style. I landed some trapeze stalls and eli hops using it imperial and it was almost as easy as butterfly. Definitely easier than any of the older imperials I have. Now to keep working on those 1.5 stalls, lunar landing style stalls, and regen repeaters!

I got my EH at the LV Open, and I love it! Just hit Spirit Bomb on it, which is something I never thought I would do on a FAT. Love it!