The "eh" thread.

Yes sir… BOOM!

I have been convinced about the EH for a while now, but, it took till today for me to order one.

got an eh today from my wife and was ecstatic, thing played great, i couldnt believe it.

i wanted to flip it into a ‘imperial’ shape and one of the outer screw pieces wouldnt come out. i tried turning it with a coin (with the middle axle removed so theres no friction there) and it absolutely wont come out. the wood has even chipped a little as if the slot was stripped, which i know could be pointed at me, but i only used a coin as recommended.

i gotta say im pretty disappointed. i dunno if anyone has any tips or if you guys think i should contact yye. its even worse now that its slightly damaged because i dunno if that voids any warranty…

hope someone has a solution, or im just a 25 year old broken hearted over a toy…

Of course contact YYE and SSYY. I bet they can help.
Isn’t it a shame that a 25 year old plays with toys. 25 or 65 and having fun with yoyo’s, amazing.

Pm me if you’re not able to resolve this easily.

2 Likes

Just took a family photo

http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10848180_744377625650088_968064595_n.jpg

1 Like

ahh cant say im not envious of that aaron. how do the old ones play compared to the new?

Looks like the twin to your 2014 pictured is missing. Or is she still hiding out in the box?

To me the new eh plays more solid, the originals feel lighter and more floaty. I’m not sure what the originals weigh, but the new ones feel heavier (not much heavier, but noticeable).

Still in the box. It’ll come out at some point. Mainly bought 2 of the 2014 eh’s because I love this yoyo so much, in the event something happens to this one I’ll have a backup without having to search another one out :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah thats right, i think i read somewhere that the originals were quite light, maybe on eds blog or something. ive only played the 2014 and cant get enough, sometimes i forget its wood because it spins so long… never thought id be able to boing-e-boing something made of wood.

One other thing I just remembered, the 2012 & 2013 eH’s (at least for me) need some type of response sticker. Either an old dead Duncan sticker or one of those linen response stickers, can’t remember who make those. Where the 2014 I don’t go d it’s needed. Not sure why that is. Maybe the new one the white oak has a tighter grain so the string grabs quicker.

interesting, i had a pack of duncan stickers ready for my new fixies but havent used any. quite impressive.

Just ordered another one. This yoyo is what I’ve always wished for in a wooden yoyo. Truly amazing. Thanks to everyone involved.

1 Like

Nice looking family!

I’ve got a twin heading to my house as well. Figured it was a pretty good idea Aaron had about having a replacement handy.

Man, I really like this photo. Those 3 yoyos sitting on that gouged up surface just has a rugged, imperfect feel to it, and it looks great. Crop off the bit on the top and it could be a product shot. Nice camera work, Aaron.

Thanks. Up top is the base of my drill press. Thought about cropping it out but ended up forgetting to.

I ordered my “back up” on Dec 25th… haha. Also got a Turner due to the specs, I think it will be a great throw also.

I’m seeing quite a few second orders go in after you guys played for a bit with yours.

Today’s Throw is the Moxon, with a fresh axle… I got it to play really well after adjusting the gap. Colin makes some amazing throws.

The 3 Ehs look impressive and can’t say I’m not a little jealous. Shoot, I’d be willing to trade metal for an Eh.

1 Like

None of my eH’s are or ever will be for sale or trade ;D

1 Like

Well then…