The Duncan FREEHAND is back!

Where did the translucent blue caps come from?

3 Likes

SG (Takaā€™s store) Japanese Import.

5 Likes

Mail a little slow to Arkansas. Christmas came a little late haha

15 Likes

One of my all time favorite yoyo videos! From way back! lol

13 Likes

So 5A was originally a responsive yoyo style??? :astonished:

5 Likes

Every style was originally responsive, lol.

12 Likes

Yep! Itā€™s amazing to see how much the style has changed in 21 years

10 Likes

Is his yoyo broken? It keeps snapping back to his hand when he tugs at the string. :thinking:

8 Likes

I had the opposite problem when I (unknowingly) got my first unresponsive yo-yo.

4 Likes

Wow. Not sure where to send the props toā€¦ Iā€™m sure @bjardin for oneā€¦ but Duncan nailed it with these. Appears to be an excellent build and the play out of the package is perfect.

And just when I thought I was out of yoyo collecting looks like Iā€™m gonna get sucked right back in with theseā€¦

13 Likes

Very cool, I loved my small bearing FHz.
Is this Freehand similar to the FHz?

2 Likes

Itā€™s an updated version. It uses a size A bearing, same as the FHZ.

2 Likes

Yep! Itā€™s an updated version of the original Freehand (FH1), which the FHZ was based on; the mold for that the FH1 was lost which is why the FHZ was created.

1 Like

People used to use brake fluid to wipe them clean. May still be an option.

5 Likes

Duncan absolutely nailed it on these. The response is perfect right out of the package. If you havenā€™t tried a well set-up freehand before then you should pick one up. Youā€™ll be amazed how capable and fun it is. I canā€™t put mine down, and Iā€™m probably going to do something I donā€™t normally do and buy at least one more. Or collect them all lol

Great job to all of you at Duncan, this is how you do a comeback.

6 Likes

Question, was the original bionic Freehand capped with white or black caps stock? Or was it both, one on each side?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only seen pictures of them with black caps (ETA: nvm I just saw a pic of one in package w/ white caps). Wonder why they went with grey for this one.

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably put the black caps from my production blue on my Bionic grey. Give it that OG look.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if this quesiton has already been answered, but Iā€™m having no luck finding the answer in the forums. What is the best method (besides compressed air/bike pump method dont have those) for removing the caps on the new Freehand One rerelease?

Does anyone know if the Butterfly XT and Freehand use the same caps? I want to say yes

1 Like