The czech point, how is it to today's standards?

I’ve been yoing for half a year now and I’ve recently bought a czech point in the b grade sale, how is it to todays standards?
(I was gonna buy the marco but it was sold out immidiatly, it was very unexpected that they put more up)

Czech point works great, especially the pivot version. Feels great, spins great, can do everything every other yoyo can. Its my everyday carry

3 Likes

So it is no worse comparing to other 2020 yoyos?
I’m feeling a bit sad for missing the marco.

2 Likes

marco in my opinion is definetly better than the czech point. but the czech point is a gr8 throw even to todays standards. (not to kill the new yoyo fun vibe) but the shutter plays a little better to my style of play

For me, most yoyos from 2015 to now fit in the same category of performance. There have been improvements with the use of 7068 aluminum and improved machining to have better bimetals and thinner walls overall, but those changes only amount to marginal increases in performance. Monometal 6061 and 7075 yoyos have had very small changes in performance since the standard width and diameter of yoyos has increased to about 44mm and 55mm respectively and most changes have been made to satisfy trends and preferences rather than increasing performance. The main exception for me is yoyos that have widths of 46-48mm I believe this trend allows for better performance in regards to modern competitive yoyo freestyles, as it increases the frequency and ease of hitting more complex lacerations and hooks.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, I believe the czech point should be perfect for me as my style of play is more focused on techy tricks

1 Like

The Czech Point is great - I recently got 2 of them as B-Grades as they don’t seem to be available anywhere as A-Grade. However, both I received are very smooth, with just tiny ano flaws.

I wouldn’t say that it excels in anything in particular, it’s just a very good all-rounder.

Haven’t tried the Czech Point Pivot - from what I can tell it’s a bit lighter, plays a little faster and of course has better fingerspin capabilities. Otherwise very similar in feel. I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either.