The Ask G2 Jake Thread

I am trying to find a way to offer a budget yoyo. It’s hard to do with our standards though.

As far as a shape on a budget, it would be smaller, but we haven’t designed anything and won’t until we find a way to make it happen.

Not sure what an ASK fm account is?

And I like the way people can see what others have asked on here.

If you don’t mind me asking, I too would love to see more D-bearing yoyos, and so I wondered what might prevent you? The only reason I ask is that there are few D-bearings being made (although there are some), and I wondered if it was a preference that was putting you off or a technological aspect. Clearly I appreciate that C-bearings are now standard and so on, but it’s rare that one gets the opportunity to ask a manufacturer such detailed and personal questions, so I really appreciate you taking the opportunity to do this!

Perhaps a small bearing run of a certain yoyo could be made…?

here’s YYF’s Yoyofactory (@Yoyofactoryfm) — 7026 answers, 12893 likes | ASKfm you ask questions it shows up on there account and you can answer it.

Oh and is there anyone company in particular that you would like to collaborate with?

At some point yes, haven’t actually had one drawn up in cad yet, just sketches.

I’ve always wondered this:

How much do you bench?

No, he was bought out of ownership in January of 2013

What do you consider wide light yoyo? Specs wise.

It’s a big preference for me, I’ve tried many small bearing yoyos and really like the metal ones. I do enjoy some plastic small bearing yoyos.

The community as a whole doesn’t buy small bearing yoyos as well, and the larger backing would
Be needed to put the resources into creating a small bearing yoyo.

The larger bearing also helps with the style of tricks being used today, the multiple string wraps, rejections, and off plane tricks are all better on the larger bearing because it is less responsive. You are much more likely to get snags on those tricks while using a smaller bearing yoyo.

1 Like

D-bearing Skywalkers were pretty popular, although rare. The Fragment and Uragment are extremely popular and imo 2 of the best yoyos ever made. Takahiro’s signature the Six is amazing. The Japanese company Sturm Panzer has a d-bearing yoyo the SY-002 Leo Sniper which sold out in a day or two at $160. The fact that we’re seeing so many D-bearing yoyos becoming popular in Japan should say something about their abilities. I don’t believe that a larger bearing is an advantage, i believe this is mainly a misnomer due to the types of yoyos that used to use small bearings and then C-bearings became the standard as yoyo technology advanced. I use Kitty String Fat on my D-bearing yoyos and can wrap them up tons without issue.

Just something to think about. If someone wants a C-bearing yoyo, even an organic, nicely splashed C-bearing yoyo there’s such an absurd amount of choices, if i want a high quality metal d-bearing yoyo my choices are basically zero on YYE. Even if demand was less than C-bearings, the fact that there’s so few choices is a huge advantage imo. Not sure if OD’s ever even made a d-bearing yoyo, but would be worth considering! :slight_smile:

Ok snaggy D bearing yoyos is a total myth. I have a YYR SIX and out of all the yoyos I own/ed it can take the most string layers. So long as it isn’t high walled with a tiny gap there is almost no snagging.

If I was going to make a small bearing yoyo, the yoyo Would be designed for the small bearing. Not just a small bearing slapped in a yoyo that was designed to use a large bearing.

Why d bearing? What is the advantage? Serious question

Spins faster, tighter binds(due to more wraps fitting around the bearing), just all around a different, zippy fun feel, imo.

Interesting. I think I’ll stick with this thread for now.

There are a few companies I could see the collab happening with. It it be a company I respect and am friends with the owner/owners, if it ever happens.

No idea haven’t lifted since high school. Just run and do push ups now.

Thanks for the fun question, maybe I should make a Vlog on that lol who has a bench I can use.

1 Like

Fine, you talked me into I will think about it :slight_smile:

I think I got everyone’s questions. Who’s got more :slight_smile:

Can I have a triton for freeeeeee?