The 2019 World Yo-Yo Contest Thread

Will you guys have yoyo gloves for sale at your booth?

2 Likes

Definitely!

3 Likes

Iā€™m excited to see the new yo-yos that will inevitably be announced at or after Worlds.

4 Likes

Preppinā€™ for Cleveland!
Made a new softside case from a Case Logic cassette tape case from 1987. If you donā€™t remember cassette tapesā€¦ then, you understand why it needed a good repurposing.

Iā€™ve been obsessing over what to take with me even though I know Iā€™ll be bringing new ones home.
So far itā€™sā€¦
Sasquatch, Blackbird, SK, Weekender, & Legend Wing
Debating on leaving an empty spot, but why??
Possible candidatesā€¦
Summit, Ducc, Benchmark H.

Any thoughts, insights or advice??
Iā€™ve only attended one other yoyo event.
Super stoked.

6 Likes

The less stuff you have to worry about the better. Unless you have something super rare or unique youā€™re dying to have people try or admire youā€™re better off not having a lot to worry about so you can focus on the people and the goings on.

Havenā€™t been to worlds but Iā€™ve been to NER and MA states plenty of times as well as the IYYC.

5 Likes

@Durfee
Right?
Believe it or not, this is my attempt at taking less.

5 Likes

I also have a Hero. Iā€™ll bring it just in case.

1 Like

Is anyone who has a Moose going to Worlds? Iā€™d love to try one @Marm

5 Likes

So you have room for a new purchase or twoā€¦ or 5. :grin:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing :joy: bringing a 12 slot case with 10 throws and 2 throwbagsā€¦ just in case

5 Likes

While people are discussing what yo-yos to bring, that reminds me I never askedā€¦

Is there any specific yo-yos you want to see at the YoYoExpert booth?

Weā€™re always try to bring new releases and a wide variety of what we have in stock, but if thereā€™s something specific or older you want let me know and Iā€™ll do my best to add it in!

6 Likes

Slightly unrelated but were you at the booth at NER?

1 Like

I was at the booth a little bit, but I got stuck doing sound at NER this year. Probably my least favorite thing to do at a contest lol.

4 Likes

I was just wondering if you were manning the booth because I bought a few things from it.

1 Like

I wouldā€™ve loved to send one to my friend who is going, but I didnā€™t think of that :man_facepalming:. I guess you could just ask Gentry and keiran since they liked it :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Probably most of the strange ā€œinnovativeā€ recent releases. I probably wouldnā€™t buy them, but I would want to try them: (TM, Almighty, Samurai, and the ERCIM)

Do they both currently have one?

4 Likes

Hermes, Navigator, Peak 2, Wildfire?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not going but this seems like a good idea. A lot of the community doesnā€™t have access to clubs or contests and canā€™t try the more unique stuff and it makes it less likely theyā€™ll spend money on something that they wonā€™t like and might be harder to resell.

The more people that can try them and give positive feedback the more likely it is that people will be willing to buy them.

Iā€™m really interested in trying a TM, as it looks like a throw I might really like. My primary goal is to find an Akita, of which youā€™re out, but I reckon it doesnā€™t hurt to mention. And since I enjoy missing the entire point of things, Iā€™ll also be seeing if there are any nice Kendamas floating around.

1 Like

They do not have one but they both enjoyed it. Gentry thought it was 10 grams less then it actually is lol