The 2019 World Yo-Yo Contest Thread

A posey is nice to have, but with all of us it’ll be more like a posse! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I wanna meet up too! Dibs on being Turtle

2 Likes

If you’re Turtle, I’ll be Aquaman!

6 Likes

Aahhhhhhh, I knew it didn’t look right :joy:

1 Like

Sorry to grammar cop you! :oncoming_police_car:

2 Likes

I think I’ll skip nats and just go to world’s :hot_face:

1 Like

Any Tyler Cassidy fans going to worlds? If so, he has show in Cleveland Heights on Aug 9th. I think I am going to try to go to that while I am in the area.

2 Likes

Can we get a roll call of who is going? I know @yofanatic05 and @hobbygod are, who else?

2 Likes

I’ll be there Wednesday to Friday.

5 Likes

Are you going to the World YoYo Contest?

• Yes :star_struck:
  • No :cry:

0 voters

2 Likes

Maybe - might try to drive out on last day for finals as a little day trip. Only like a 3-3.5 hour drive

5 Likes

Totally worth the trip!

3 Likes

75/25 probability I’ll be attending

2 Likes

I can try the Diaspora?!

if you say PLEASE!

1 Like

Please? Maybe we can meet up with @hobbygod and @yofanatic05 sometime during Friday? And I can try it then?

1 Like

I’ll be there from tuesday to sunday. Staying in the hotel :slight_smile: I’ll probably stick out like a sore thumb since I’m a swole and tall 22 y/o with a short girlfriend haha.

5 Likes

I would have gone had they not decided to set the WORLD yo-yo contest on a major holiday for 1.5 billion people…
I have family and stuff coming to visit for said holiday as well, so I really can’t go, but hopefully the come around to the US again in a few years.

3 Likes

My problem is while I can afford to miss work for that long, my library cannot afford to miss me for that long. Whenever I’m not working it ends up being a lot more work for me later on and things that shouldn’t happen occur.

3 Likes

From World YoYo Contest @unklesteve

Hey everyone! Volunteer sign-ups are live! A lot of positions are filled, but we specifically need great yoyo teachers to help with our training area, and people to help count attendees for our Guinness World Record Attempt. Hit the link below to register as a volunteer and sign up!

All Volunteers get an exclusive “Staff” contest shirt, plus all the thanks and high-fives you can handle.

https://2019worldyoyocontestvolunteers.my-trs.com/

5 Likes