The 2019 World Yo-Yo Contest Thread

Yeah…Isn’t there a “Gold’s Gym” near the Lake front?

2 Likes

I am considering going as a spectator. I live close to the venue so a flight isn’t necessary. Can anybody who has been to one in the past tell me about what happens on the spectator side? Is it like a compitition and a convention mixed into one? What is there to do in addition to watching the performances?

3 Likes

From what I can tell, yeah basically. It’s a super big, super fun, yoyo meet up for people from all over to do fun yoyo things.

Also, LUCKY!!!

3 Likes

Worlds definitely has a great ‘convention’ feel! Everyone who attends is there because they love yoyo. You will find people hanging out, super friendly, trading yoyos, trading tricks, etc. Plus there are vendors so you can try out stuff and then meet pros and watch the next world champion get named. It’s really exciting to watch the finals in person too - really high energy! Definitely worth the trip!

5 Likes

One important question we all have about the World YoYo Contest in Cleveland is…
As a spectator what does it cost to hang-around the “convention like” atmosphere and watch all the competitions? Is there a one fee to enter the entire contest? Or is it pay-by-the-day?

2 Likes

Spectator registration is here https://cleveland2019.com/spectator-tickets/

5 Likes

So awesome Nathan NYYM…many thank you’s…perfect link!

1 Like

I went to the link, I am a little slow. Does that mean you can’t pay admission at the door?

1 Like

I’d guess that tickets will be for sale at the door if they don’t sell out. They sold out last year.

2 Likes

Thank you for the help. I guess I better just buy ahead of time. It’s about 7 hours for me to get there, that would be quite the gamble.

2 Likes

Can’t hurt to buy tickets in advance. Last year it sold out in China as the venue was pretty tight - this venue is a bit bigger so less chance of that happening. But still can’t hurt to register in advance! :blush:

4 Likes

I have been waiting for this since the day Steve announced the details. I am so very excited. I want to hug everyone.

12 Likes

IM SO SAD I CANT GO BECAUSE I HAVE SCHOOOOOOOOL… :frowning: is there gonna be like a stream or something cuz I want at least the live experience

2 Likes

Bummer - school in August?! :frowning:

2 Likes

School isn’t in August? :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately I do have school in August…
School holidays in Asia are pretty inconsistent

2 Likes

That and ticket prices for planes and the ticket and hotel itself isn’t cheap… You could get more than 500$ and that’s calling a cheap flight

2 Likes

I’ll be there! Would love to link up with some of you guys. I’ll have my girlfriend, sister, and best friend with me.

4 Likes

I’m coming with @Ant.G! @rockstar and I wanted to link up too. Let’s do this!

2 Likes

Good deal! Very cool to have a posey with you

2 Likes