The 2019 World Yo-Yo Contest Thread

@zslane
This is pretty helpful:

Keep in mind that in yoyoing top 3 can be helpful to see who has the highest chance next year.
edit: I just added most of the 2019 winners. Missed a couple, might add em later. Editing Wikipedia is hard!

3 Likes

Not sure where to post thisā€¦donā€™t feel like creating a new thread.

@AndreBoulay any word on how many strings were in the pitcher?

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure it was 743 strings! He announced it during the live stream right before the YYE trivia at the WYYC.

4 Likes

Coolā€¦a lot more than Iā€™d guessed!
Someone guessed 742 here on the forumsā€¦I wonder if anyone at the contest itself guessed the exact number.

4 Likes

Wow if it was 743 then @Phantisee86 probably won per

4 Likes

I donā€™t really care who won in any given division. I just wanted to say Hajime Miura is a YoYoing machine! As others have stated, ā€œHeā€™s changing the Game!ā€

6 Likes

Oh wow! Awesome, I never thought I would be so close!
Hmmm, I will never run out strings if I did win!!

11 Likes

Yes! You WON!!! :star_struck:

16 Likes

Freaking awesome! :smiley: Congrats @Phantisee86 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey yā€™alls, Iā€™ve been wondering, was the spintop finals filmed ? I canā€™t find the video anywhere and Iā€™d love to see what the champions did =)

Cheers yā€™alls

5 Likes

Sorry I missed out on the YYE hangout you guys! In all the commotion I totally forgot about it. Hope everyone had as much fun as me at WYYC!

6 Likes

Yeah I looked for ya, couldnā€™t find a 3ā€™5 9 fingered man anywhere.

8 Likes

@paxl13 they probably will be at some point, yoyovideoarchive has not uploaded womenā€™s finals, Over 40, or AP (except Shu) yet either.

4 Likes

I hope!!! :slight_smile:

Not sure if youā€™ve seen it by now, but itā€™s up finally!

16 Likes

This is amazing.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve clicked top 6:

8 Likes

How often do you double click?

1 Like

I passed on the freebie because I didnā€™t want someone else to not get one because I did.
In retrospectā€¦ poor decision. I wish I had it now.

6 Likes

Easy to counter that old line.

We were watching the Olympics YEARS ago. One of the cameras was set up at a stadium to view the Olympic Marathon runners as they crossed the finish line set up within the stadium.

The announcers ā€˜suddenlyā€™ raised the volume of their commentary; to recognize the entry of the ā€˜last competitor to cross the lineā€™ in the event.

A few of my friends started laughing like hell.
Wow; they laughed. That clown finished ā€˜Dead last in an Olympic event; lololā€™! How embarrassing; ya think?

I said nothing. After a few minutes of comments related to this guysā€™ last place finish; one of the guys focused his attention in my general direction.

ā€˜No reaction; Mo? That guy finished last in a Major event. How is that not funnyā€™?

I said, ā€˜you guys laughing is what is funny. Because that guy that finished last; still placed ahead of youā€™.

Whatā€™s the point? Simpleā€¦

Competing and placing; beats not placing at all.

2nd place in a World Contest?

Count me in.:nerd_face:

22 Likes