The 2019 World Yo-Yo Contest Thread

They get picked up at the event.

4 Likes

Thank you! Was lowkey stressing for a second.

3 Likes

I absolutely need the boxed Tourney, boxed butterfly, and Worlds Edition NextGen, can someone assist without squeezing me to much with any of these? PayPal is ready to go and I can pay tonight…

Edit: as long as they last till Thursday then I’m set!!

5 Likes

The tourney is so good I got a chance to play it.

7 Likes

More like you gimme $5 and I reach into a box and pull out a mystery shirt. :money_mouth_face:

11 Likes

Man the mystery of these mystery shirts just keeps getting more mysterious

6 Likes

12:45 AM, out of town the night before the biggest yoyo contest in the world… I’m thinking @YoYoExpertGarrett is gonna be posting in the “craft beer” thread any minute now. @AndreBoulay cut this guy off!

:rofl:

5 Likes

I know what’s next on my list

8 Likes

Anyone know if the metal Butterflies sold out?

3 Likes

There is 250 of them

New metal Duncan Butterfly! - #58 by bjardin is 250 of them

3 Likes

WYYC 2019 Live Stream can be found here:

My only complaint with this is the name overlay covers about the lower 25% of the screen, so if the yoyo is below their waste you can’t see it lol. Would suggest having it be smaller (like ticker sized) or have it fade away after the first like 10 seconds. Other than that the stream looks great.

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! Other than that the stream is great quality, though.

1 Like

That interactive projector screen is pretty awesome - looks like they did a pretty killer job putting this contest together.

3 Likes

First time watching worlds online, it’s great!

During the break I was watching Remy practising on stage when I spotted Andre talking to Dazzling Dave, then I saw Connor from yotricks, Hiro from Rewind and Dylan Kowalski. I even saw @Mazdarx7FD for a brief second. So many familiar faces just walking around in front of the stage!

Man I wish I was there.

6 Likes

@vegabomb deserves a trophy.
Is there an additional yo-yo in there?

12 Likes

Yes! Each of the Duncans come with that WYYC branded plastic.

5 Likes

Oooh 3a prelims start soon

I think I’m gonna try clicking and see how I compare to final results

Might do it for 1a semis or finals too. Too many competitors for 1a prelims tho, I don’t wanna click all of those :joy:

Edit: No test throws on stage Landen. waves then does a test throw 5 seconds later

1. Tomoya Kurita
  2. Taiichiro Higashi
  3. Fuki Fujisawa
  4. Alex Curfman(quite clean, looks good compared to US Nats)
  5. Takaki Clark
  6. Ian Smith(few mistakes, would get 4th easy if he was clean)
  7. Andrew Lim
  8. Yuan-Ching Yang(I think hes competing in 4 divisions :o)
  9. Landen Finkel
  10. Ben Mcneary
  11. Lawson Kosulic(he didn’t meme this time but still not good)

Pretty sure Tomoya won but 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9 were relatively close to eachother.

4 Likes

Believe I heard it’s a contest branded Butterfly XT.

3 Likes

Dude I want one of those Duncan Tourney boxes!

4 Likes

6 Likes