The 2019 World Yo-Yo Contest Thread

For anyone wondering, when you sign up you pay the 5 wing wangs for the stream immediately. It’s what I wanted, so I didn’t have to deal with it all the day of the event.

6 Likes

I have no idea what yoyos to bring with me to worlds :joy: Is there any particular ones you guys would want to try to help me narrow it down? Dont really wanna bring more than 20. Heres my collection

5 Likes

I know people bring huge cases and tons of yo-yos, but honestly I would just bring a couple. Might just be my personal opinion, but you’ll enjoy the contest more with less belongings you have to worry about keeping an eye on.

Also - Bring the Hero, I keep seeing you talk about that and haven’t tried one yet!

12 Likes

Yes, that’s on my list to bring. I have about 12 or so I wanna bring, maybe I’ll just stick with that.

2 Likes

Wait, there’s a contest next week?

9 Likes

World YoYo Contest Mystery Boxes incoming!

5 Likes

Will you guys have yoyo gloves for sale at your booth?

2 Likes

Definitely!

3 Likes

I’m excited to see the new yo-yos that will inevitably be announced at or after Worlds.

4 Likes

Preppin’ for Cleveland!
Made a new softside case from a Case Logic cassette tape case from 1987. If you don’t remember cassette tapes… then, you understand why it needed a good repurposing.

I’ve been obsessing over what to take with me even though I know I’ll be bringing new ones home.
So far it’s…
Sasquatch, Blackbird, SK, Weekender, & Legend Wing
Debating on leaving an empty spot, but why??
Possible candidates…
Summit, Ducc, Benchmark H.

Any thoughts, insights or advice??
I’ve only attended one other yoyo event.
Super stoked.

6 Likes

The less stuff you have to worry about the better. Unless you have something super rare or unique you’re dying to have people try or admire you’re better off not having a lot to worry about so you can focus on the people and the goings on.

Haven’t been to worlds but I’ve been to NER and MA states plenty of times as well as the IYYC.

5 Likes

@Durfee
Right?
Believe it or not, this is my attempt at taking less.

5 Likes

I also have a Hero. I’ll bring it just in case.

1 Like

Is anyone who has a Moose going to Worlds? I’d love to try one @Marm

5 Likes

So you have room for a new purchase or two… or 5. :grin:

7 Likes

That’s what I’m doing :joy: bringing a 12 slot case with 10 throws and 2 throwbags… just in case

5 Likes

While people are discussing what yo-yos to bring, that reminds me I never asked…

Is there any specific yo-yos you want to see at the YoYoExpert booth?

We’re always try to bring new releases and a wide variety of what we have in stock, but if there’s something specific or older you want let me know and I’ll do my best to add it in!

6 Likes

Slightly unrelated but were you at the booth at NER?

1 Like

I was at the booth a little bit, but I got stuck doing sound at NER this year. Probably my least favorite thing to do at a contest lol.

4 Likes

I was just wondering if you were manning the booth because I bought a few things from it.

1 Like