The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

He makes others… Spinworthys just spin so well, and yet respond so nicely. The newer ones seem to lean a bit more to the response side, but still spin long.

I recently posted vids to my IG of me getting 10 boings out of a Harbinger, and doing a Cold Fusion variation with a Ballsy. Both yoyos are still great for Shoot the Moon, stalls, and Loops. Well, the Ballsy takes some practice to loop, but I can do them on it now.

4 Likes

You’ve got some skills!

2 Likes

Been wanting to find a Hildy Bros excited to grab this beautiful Azalea. I dont know if I just got a random good deal but found it for $20 and I still can’t fathom how these could possibly go for that cheap for a well made screw apart model

12 Likes

so I just purchased a deeper state from the latest one drop- drop…
and the more I think about it, the more afraid I am I’m gonna bash my face open. a metal responsive is asking for trouble from me. anytime I almost bash myself its with a responsive yoyo. we will see I guess.

6 Likes

Got this absolutely gorgeous oak Bloodcell from @Glenacius_K thank you again sir this thing is killer

14 Likes

With the unfortunate passing of Paul Escolar, I wanted to post this video. Paul was such a huge influence on my playing, possibly more than anyone else. When I really sit and analyze what I’m doing there are so many things that are so “Paul”. This is one of my all time favorite videos, thank you for putting it together @_Z1. It is also made up of almost all my favorite tricks, it’s just so good, and the majority of it Paul is using a responsive Freehand.

I’m sure if you look at your own playing there is probably so much of Paul’s style in your own playing, he influenced everything and everyone whether we realize it or not.

Enjoy the video if you haven’t seen it.

11 Likes

Does anyone prefer exotic or spectrally over maple or oak? I feel like I’ve tried a lot for fixies and always just end up going back to my oak and maple throws.

3 Likes

I only have one Spectraply, and it’s really nice, but a bit lighter than I usually prefer. I don’t know what kind of wood is used, but it would be cool if some denser species versions were available.

1 Like

Same here, my collection covers a lot of different types, but my primary players are maple and oak. When I feel the need to go light, I am a fan of walnut.

1 Like

I do prefer spectra when I want a little less density, but I’m pretty much equal opportunity. With some models I prefer one or the other, but w the eH/PockeHt I have lots of all of them and their differences in feel are like their differences in appearance - just based on what I feel like throwing at the time.

2 Likes

I missed the exotic part of the original question. I feel as Ed does. I like all the different woods I have, and all the different weights. The Spectraply Harbinger is a bit light but I still enjoy it.

1 Like

@drewtetz doing some kickflips

https://www.instagram.com/p/COTnsYKh9ia/?igshid=123w5s82t8vdh

4 Likes

Here’s some tricks with a GatesYoyo Hubbard, Happy Fixed Axle Friday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/COTN4t5hLhm/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Also, does anyone have recommendations for uploading a video? (I tried converting to a gif, but it wouldn’t upload)

7 Likes

Got this buttery smooth Looper from @Glenacius_K today. Amazing quality as always thanks again man

15 Likes

Forgot I had this, I’ll just say it plays worse than it looks

8 Likes

13 Likes

Is that an AroundSquare hybrid begleri as a conterweight?

If so, how do you like it as a cw?

It’s tgp skillpill, l like it

2 Likes

Derp, I should have recognized the Skill Pill.
Thank you for the reply!

1 Like

looks like a blood cell but more looperish
oh cool the reply to an image of a looper is the 1080th reply? comment? post? dunno what its called

1 Like