The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

EDIT: Designed a matching counterweight, and didnt want to make a new post.

Just about done designing a 3D printed fixed axle and matching counter weight. I’ve done an unresponsive before with the Luftverk spacer kit and that was a blast. @DCorella and I did a big organic yoyo with massive hollow chambers inside to optimize weight distribution. This time I’m working on a relatively simple high walled fixed axle yoyo designed for 0A play.

When approaching the counterweight i started by modifying the actual profile of the yoyo until I had a style that matched visually while maintaining optimal weight for the yoyo. Most counterweights are about 15-19% of the yoyos they’re used with and I designed the counterweight to be about 17% of the total weight of the yoyo.

Yoyo and Counterweight are both going to be printed using Markforged Onyx filament, which is a very strong carbon fiber impregnated nylon; and the yoyo will be using a 1/4" aluminum axle. I think these are going to be a banger, but the only thing I’m not sure about is the size of the response dips (currently 3.5mm x 1mm w/ a angle cut in the bottom). I guess I’ll learn when I get it printed!

Yoyo Specs:
Diameter - 56mm
Width - 32mm
Gap - 2.75mm
Weight - 51-53g

Counterweight Specs:
Height: 30.5mm
Width: 19.9mm
Weight: 8.7g

19 Likes