Tell Me about Knot Bad

I know they are knot bad, but tell me how they are. (and how thick they are on the kitty scale, as in as fat as fat, or xl, etc.) Please and Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

I have spent little time with them but I’d say slightly under kitty fat in thickness, but close?

3 Likes

ok then thats exactly what im looking for

I just used mine for the first time last night with a yyf Pragma, and I second what coding said - thick enough for easy binds, but not too thick to introduce unwanted snags. Also thoughts from the 30 minutes I used them: I thought they were a little on the coarser side (which is good for whips, I suppose), and they had some bounce (typical new string stuff). I can’t speak for durability or characteristics after long use, this was just my first impression. Also the ends are pre-tied with an overhand knot, I’m 6’1" and I left its current length.

3 Likes

If you could update after some play that’d be great. It sounds like I’d really like it as I like a rougher poly. My favorite string is the generic brand that retailers all sell but only before it’s completely broken in. It’s just unfortunate that that string tends to break in very quickly.

I’m definitely not a fan of the slicker poly string that a lot of people love. Or nylon.

2 Likes

You got it chief, I’ve used it a lot, and I think it’s wearing in already, but it still has good life. That’s with like an hour-ish of play every day since I got it. I’ll try and analyze it a little more tonight! I’ll take pictures too

1 Like

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

Welp, bought some yesterday, lets see how they are

2 Likes

I have high hopes. Like I said above I’ve always liked the feel of the generic store brand poly before it’s too heavily broken in. If this feels like that but keeps that initial feeling and ability to hold tension longer than it would be my new go to. Going to get some with my next order unless I hear that they aren’t what I’m looking for before then.

1 Like

Ill post a review here in text so wait till then

1 Like

Picture of wear, didn’t get to use it as much as I wanted to. This is probably after 5-6 ish hours of combined use? Maybe less. image image

Still feels good, but I’m not a super string connoisseur

3 Likes

In my opinion they are slightly better than kitty, but not quite on par with YYSL. They start off a little stiff but they break in really nice. Hold tension pretty well. They last about the same amount of time as kitty.

4 Likes

Waiting for pink KB to drop. Seems like great stuff

1 Like

Wow, 5 hours? My strings look like that after 20-30 minutes. I used a knot bad for about 1.5 hours and it was completely shredded.

Typically I replace a string every 30 mins of play, and knot bad lasts me about 45 mins on average, and about twice as long as Kitty. I burn through YYSL string; it frays very quickly on me and becomes too sticky for wraps and anything where the string needs to slide, and doesn’t whip so great then either.

So Knot Bad I find to be very durable and long lasting.

4 Likes

They feel thicker than Kitty Fat to me. Almost as thick as Kitty XL and just thinner than YYSL Plutonium. They play more like Kitty Fat though. It’s very slick string and plays like it’s a bit thinner than it actually is.

4 Likes

Thanks for the input. I’m not at all a string expert, and most of the time was spent practicing, so it was mostly just coming back and forth while I watched tutorials and tried things. That probably contributed to it lasting so long.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I love the initial feel of strings and really can’t stand the feel and play once they’re worn in.

I’m also not a fan of the more slick polys, I like a little coarseness. Probably has to do with using slick 6 when I was learning.

Is Kitty string generally more coarse than say the YYSL stuff?

1 Like

Compared to YYSL, depends which type. Type X is pretty soft, and I think Kitty is stiffer and more coarse feeling than that. Plutonium is pretty stiff and coarse feeling, more so than Kitty. Kitty is kind of a middle ground. It’s a bit softer than a lot of high end string. I kinda hate Kitty regular, it’s too thin and light. Kitty Fat is decent though.

1 Like

These strings are real good. In fact, they are my new go to. They are slightly too short (even though im 5’3) but i un did the knot and they were the perfect height whrlen tied at the end. These feel nice and soft, and can whip real good. They are the perfect thickness for my cadence. They come in nice yellow green, very visible. But i do wish they had hot pink or white. But, as for how they are, they arent just knot bad, they are real good.

EDIT:Apparently sizes and length were all over the place 1st run

3 Likes

Knot bad, untie good.

2 Likes