Teflon tape. How many wraps?

Title says it all. How many times do you guys wrap your axle with Teflon tape? What tape brand is best? If your just curious about what yoyo I need to fix. I have a pair of loop 2020s and loop 720s that slowly twist apart while playing and was gonna try plumbers tape to fix it. Both sets have done this out of the box. Do any of you put tape on brand new yoyos just to “upgrade” said yoyo?

1 Like

Ideally, the least amount possible to get the job done.

This can be a tricky endeavor. Any excess outside the Axel and yoyo half may have adverse effects (Drag/Debris) with the bearing.

1 Like

Why not try loctite blue (it’s the lowest strength version)?
Just a small drop would do.

3 Likes

Purple would be better if you can find it. Again, smallest amount possible.

4 Likes

Not going to do that to a $100+ pair of loopers

After educating on purple that may work. I’ll test on cheaper ones first and see. Thank you.

1 Like

Careful with loctite it can kill a plastic yoyo. If the nut is too hard to remove it can easily strip the plastic holding the nut. I’ve don’t this to a looper or two with blue.

If your gonna use loctite best to use it only on one half and preferably purple if able to be found.

1 Like

What loopers are 100+ for a pair?

1 Like

One pair is loop 2020s and I have type 1, 2, and 3 parts for both. As well as titanium axles. I splurged because I love unique/ innovative designs. Edit: got led caps as well lol

1 Like

Fair I’ve never bought a 2020 new always beat up off the bst. I imagine all that can get up there in price. Thankfully if you break a 2020 body that’s a swappable part.

1 Like

Found some stuff called Vibra-tite VC-3 might test some of it along with purple locktite and see what I like better. The Vibra-tite VC-3 looks very promising when you read about it on their website.

1 Like

Used sparingly it should not be an issue.

2 Likes