Team Throw-Yo Thread

yay pyro mods are so cool. happy to see this addition.

3 Likes

This is really awesome. We are at a point in time where the youth of today are being born into these technologies with no concept of what it took to get them where they are, let alone what it’s like to live without them. The people my wife is helping supply broadband to are just getting access to it for the first time ever. Farms and rural towns that the big money corporations had no interest in. I was a telephone maintenance repair technician for over a decade and then got into fiber. I showed my wife and son how to splice fiber and they both now work engineering at the same company.

2 Likes

Man. That is awesome!!! It appears as if you are on to something here…

4 Likes

Welcome to the team Pyro

2 Likes

A request from @Slestak75

Here’s the first round of dual purpose counterweight / begleri. Hole through beads for string with the option of adding a metal bead. These can accommodate thicker paracord than what’s pictured, this was the only black I could find.

String Gobbler begleri. Gobleri?

9 Likes

I love the idea of dual purpose beads!

About how much do each weigh?

1 Like

I’m just saying…this is how names like this stick. :smiley:

3 Likes

Too light for the accuracy of my scales. They feel about 7g. The line weight in the centre is 3g (either bismuth or lead, but could be switched with brass or steel which should be about 2.5g and 2g).

2 Likes

I love those string gobblers! :heart_eyes: reminds me of some 90’s claymation stuff, so rad!

2 Likes

Yeah, I grew up with Gumby, Charlie Chalk, Morph.

There’s a very low tech stop motion short on my FB, I reckon if I was using a smartphone with the stabilising selfie stick / light ring / photo box combo I could probably make a TV quality cartoon in 1/2 of the time it used to take for a basic character test (with much less chance of the video processor crashing while trying to compile the vid).

2 Likes

Aw, man. A Blockhead counterweight would be AWESOME.

1 Like

An RK for @rkalajian and a 5A, fresh from the oven.

9 Likes

This is epic. Love Gumby

3 Likes

These. Are. EPIC.

3 Likes

Working on these fleshy orb shapes, in hole through, inset bead and burger. A nice balance between catchability, snag and knuckle damage.

6 Likes

What to do with myself after 5A May?
Poi season!

7 Likes

Let’s see you spin’em!

2 Likes

I need a bit of practice first. This is the first set I’ve made with free moving handles, so I no longer have to do short tricks and change direction.

I made these with evenly weighted ends so I can chuck in begleri tricks to the combo as well. While they are hard plastic they don’t hurt doing rebounds off my arms and legs, just my head so far.

3 Likes

New String Gobblers are bright under the blacklight

6 Likes

I love that cyclops!

2 Likes