Team Throw-Yo Thread

New String Gobblers under UV light

Regular light

6 Likes

How long do these take you to make?

2 Likes

i like the ones that look like they’re slurping spaghetti

3 Likes

Now that I feel like I’m getting back into my routine, I can do 2 per hour. Baking takes about 45min per batch.

But there’s also the couple of years I spent learning how to sculpt, blend clays, test out each brand (each brand and blend results in different texture, hardness, likelihood of discolouration when baking). Some of these designs are based on earlier sculptures which took anywhere between 1 and 15 hours to make plus the time spent developing unique characters.

Kumihimo begleri cords take a couple of hours each. Including the cord and weights roughly the same time frame as a yoyo.

3 Likes

Those are my new favourites. They also have the best weight distribution of the Gobblers.

The green and orange slurpers in the back row are within the size and weight range of competition CWs.

3 Likes

Five throws in one week!

This is something that I’ve wanted to try since the prospect of supplying an actual retailer came up a few months back. At that point my routine was nowhere near time efficient enough to do this as well as go to work and keep up with family commitments. I wasn’t even sure what I would want to make five times over. So this feels like I’ve reached a milestone in knowing what it is that I’d like to share with the yoyo community, and being able to produce something that I want others to enjoy as much as I do.

At the moment I’m thinking of calling this the Slim Dude. When Cody picked his from the lineup that’s what he called it and it’s stuck in my head now. If Slim Dude has been used for another yoyo or is a reference to something that’ll get me banned then let me know.

This run is 57mm x 25mm. Weight is low 40s (the next run will be 59mm diameter with weight in the high 40s, all other dimensions will remain unchanged). 8mm axle, Shmoove groove response, raw from axle to groove with polished rims and oiled face.
Compared to the two from the original run the profile is slightly more angular / less organic between the response and the rim, and have a softer edge to the rim for more comfortable high speed play.

10 Likes

OOOOO…who are you gonna be supplying?

3 Likes

An Aus retailer who offers international shipping.

I’ll have more to say about that when everything is looking a bit more solid. This week has helped to get a more accurate picture of what materials and labour costs would be so that’s one step closer.

5 Likes

I REQUIRE MORE INFO.

Deets, man! Deets!

1 Like

This is awesome. I really hope this works out for you. :smiley: