TBB/Confusion Alternative Recs

So…I’ve been on this site for 2 days looking up recs for a new yo yo. the Bimetal BB is a dud and unresponsive. I remember the old one being adjustable so that sucks. Loved that thing. It’s been 20 years and I thought I’d get a Cold Fusion but don’t wanna pay $70 on a toy that I probably won’t use forever. So I looked at the Confusion. The only problem is that no matter what I look at, everything is sold out and out of stock. So I was gonna splurge and get what I know being the old TBB…can’t find cork pads available anywhere. Confusions are only being sold for $250 for the titanium versions. I dont need a butterfly style thrower. Just a slim pocketable one that has a nice tug response or is adjustable depending on how tight you twist it like the old TBB. I like to be able to just throw at times and other times play around a bit more and get into tricks. I like adaptability, durability, and I’m tired of parts being out of stock or discontinued. Looking for a metal body and something a bit heavier.

Yoyo factory sells retro response brake pads which are essentially the old cork pads.

I really enjoy my turbo grind machine for cork response. If your looking for something that’s not a big investment the yo tricks Origen is fantastic.

Also turbo bumblebee can be made responsive but it’s a pain. More enjoyable throw would be a deepstate if your going that route

2 Likes

I can’t even find the deep state out there lol…It’s like throwing made a comeback in 2022 and disappeared according to the internet

There are at least a few brown Deep States available new on a couple reputable stores…not sure if I can post their names here. I bought a new red DS a couple weeks ago.

There are new aluminum Confusions available too.

1 Like

I can double down on the Origen recommendation, great performer, good for the price.

3 Likes

The MagicYoyo T7 is a pretty decent tug responsive…and it’s super cheap.

2 Likes

Origen is a really really good yo-yo. I just got a SnapBack the other day and I was so pleasantly surprised. Totally worth picking up imo

3 Likes

Sounds like you may really like the YoyoFactory Grind Machine. It uses brake pads that YYF brought back.

3 Likes

The Confusion is available on its brand’s website. It’s an excellent player and a good value at $35.

I will also echo the Origen rec. This thing rips!

2 Likes