talent show help

Umm no? Those are somewhat techy tricks. Nonyoyoers don’t like them.

1 Like

It’s amazing how binds are actually appealing. I do some techy-ish tricks and they go,

“What’s that trick you did at the end?”

“The triangle?”

“No the one right before the yo-yo comes up.”

“…a bind?”

“Yeah, that trick looks awesome!”

“…thanks?”

LOL!

got any 5a tricks

Practically, 5A is impressive no matter what.

“How’d you do that? Is that some kind of magic yo-yo?”

“Nope! No Strings attached! See?”

Maybe do some 9a. I’m sure theres a trick with that where you let go of both ends. Like a double string suicide? Have the CW in your right hand and do like a normal suicide but you’ll have to make the yoyo go straight up but you could maybe practice it and get it so you let go of both so then it’s just like woah.

when i play around my friends, they get all excited when i do most of the intermediate tricks.(split the atom, mach 5, and atomic boomb kinda things.) it’s good to kinda make it look good.

Yea…

evan’s video is an awesome example
so evan did ya win

I know that stuff like Jade whip, Lacerations, and Grinds are popular with crowd. Try something like a jade whip, but stop the loop right before it hooks into the gap, use the back of your free hand to flick the loop backwards onto the yoyo. Or try a whip combo that changes direction a couple of times. You can go from a hand grind into a laceration and it looks pretty flashy.

Not me, it is Anthony Rojas, took 5th in worlds.

oh whoops sorry

When going around the yoyo more than once, its easier to use just you index and middle finger, not your whole hand.