Surge vs Alpha Crash

I’ve tried an alpha crash and i was very impressed with how it felt. It felt smooth, with no vibe, and could handle horizontals. I am between getting two of these or two surges with shims, if necessary. Which is better?

forgot to add, should i get rwo of one of these or a rally?

I say it is up to you, I didn’t have the patience to wait for the Rally and I am kicking myself for not doing so, so get the Rally I believe it will blow away all those other plastic yoyos. ( except maybe the Yeti)

:slight_smile:

(kclejeune) #4

Yeah I’m hoping I don’t regret choosing the rally over the yeti. If I do I can always trade it or just save up… After all the yeti will be in the 40 range

(Owen) #5

Get that Rally son. Alpha Crashes are good, but rally, go for the Rally.

I am now removing the rally from the options, but thank you for all the feedback so far.

I don’t get how so many people in here can be recommending a yoyo they haven’t even thrown

I’ve owned a rally and preferred the play of my alpha crash to it

I really enjoy the Surge. I’m hoping to get the Alpha Crash at some point though.

(kclejeune) #9

And if we tried a prepro rally?

OP: Of those two I vote alpha crash. Between alpha crash and rally I say rally.

(Owen) #10

Ahh ok, then go for the Alpha. It is a very good plastic indeed and is basically all it is hyped up to be. One of the best plastics ive played.

(kclejeune) #11

Do you prefer it to the surge? I thought it handled horizontal better…

Not sure about you but it normally takes me a couple days to get a true opinion of the throw

Now is the alpha more stable? And which is smoother and has a longer sleep

(kclejeune) #14

To get an absolute opinion yes, but I used one for a good couple hours at MWR and got a really good idea of it.

IMO the alpha crash is more stable and smooth than the surge. Just get it bro, you won’t regret it. (Hey that rhymes!)