SURGE OF POWER

If you don’t like how the Classic plays, that’s perfectly fine. But they scream low quality? Please.

I’m sorry, what words come to your mind when you hear “under $20 and plastic”?

With the norm being a $100+ aluminum alloy model, something this cheap made from an inferior material is sure to come under some scrutiny.

With stores selling Classics for $10, that means YYJ sold them to them for around $5. Which means they cost ~$2 to make. Compared to high-end aluminum yoyos averaging around $30 to manufacturer.
Obviously there’s a lot of factors at play here, but these two yoyos absolutely scream low quality. Perhaps much of it is spillover from screaming ‘low cost’.

I’ve played a Classic, and instantly I thought “this feels cheap”. Because it does. And it is. No doubt they’re both play fine, but that doesn’t mean they’re not low quality.

1 Like

I don’t know where you get your numbers, but those estimates are way off. Also, I didn’t find it particularly cheap feeling or playing. I rather liked it.

that’s probably how much it costs

2 Likes

I don’t know about you guys, but duncans that cost more than the Classic feel WAY more cheaper than a Classic.

And they play far less superior too.

1 Like

Plastic is not an inferior material. It’s just different. Also, cheap does not necessarily mean low quality.

1 Like

The Classic is my favorite yoyo.

Pertaining to yoyos it is. It’s not opinion, but fact that metal yoyos outperform plastic yoyos.
And nobody link Jensen’s 2010 World’s.

How so? I’m not talking about making prototypes. I’m talking about how much it takes to complete one yoyo in a run. The machining, anodization, and engraving of an aluminum yoyo [typically] costs $30-$40

I’m not sure you guys are comparing apples to apples.

It’s a stupid argument anyway.

2 Likes

I love all of my Duncan’s thank you very much. :wink:

…i like classics

I have four of them

Surely it all depends on how cheaply you can get the aluminium and what type you are using…?

I love how that one act of Jensen using the Northstar had such an impact on the way we talk about yoyos. Everyone always knew and said “its the throw, not the thrower”, but he gave us the best possible real-life example. All hail the King.

The way I see it, the classic costs like £6 ($10), which is absolutely nothing. I spend that on food each day for lunch. So if it’s even slightly decent, then it’s a bargain. Same with the Surge, if it’s cheap enough, I’ll just get one for the sake of it.

I don’t like the organic shape as much as the classic shape. I like the Ringmaster’s shape and the classic shape looks perfect for me.

Think I might just get a classic. Not putting down hate, it’s just that I like the Classic Shape better…

Link, you could have just simply said, “I don’t think I’ll get one’” or “not much of a fan, I think I’ll pass”

You don’t need to start a argument about something we are liking. Just cuz’ you don’t care for it doesn’t mean you need to convince us it is cheap and crappy.

Leave your negative thoughts on this yoyo out of this thread please.

That is what I said.

And why should we leave negative thoughts out of conversation? It may be ‘unpleasant’ to some, but it’s a valid point.

It’s not always what you say so much as how you say it.

And/or how you type it :wink: . The letters are exactly .01 mm thicker when typed while banging the keyboard.

Actually the word cheap means exactly that, cheap, low-quality. “Cheap” describes quality. I think the word you are looking for is “inexpensive”. Inexpensive doesn’t necessarily mean cheap, or low-quality. “Inexpensive” and “cheap” are often used as synonymously, however incorrect.

Touché. Thanks for the grammar lesson of the day!

That wasn’t a lesson in grammar. It was a lesson in semantics. Lol.

I know a guy who has 10…

NOA, I encourage all “Negativity” in my threads broski, what you see as negativity i see as different points of view (that doesnt mean i always agree with the points of view though). Links is just stating the fact that metal yoyos generally preform better than plastics and have higher potential to preform better than plastics. BUTTZ that doesnt mean that plastics are always lower preforming than metals. For instance, I like how my Classic plays over how my Popstar plays. Im sure many of you would agree with me on that haha.

oh, and FLAME ON (omg always wanted to say that aghhhh)