Superstar help

Soo i just ordered a yoyo factory superstar (pale red with white) and i also got flowable silicone for it.

i also already have a konkave bearing i was thinking of putting in it

Can anyone tell me if these are good ideas? ???

And also if you have a comment on what you think about the superstar id like to hear them ;D
Thanks!

Well pale red with white is like the best color.

It plays fine with the stock response and bearing but it won’t hurt it to put the silicone and the konkave in it.

It’s a great yoyo and you wont regret your purchase :wink:

It’s also really good for freehand if you like to do that.

haha ok good i was wondering about the color.

yea i wanted to try freehand so we will see how that goes.

and how long does silicone last in the yoyo? and how long would it take before i need a new tube of sili?

Silicone lasts me a few months until it gets a little slippy. A tube should last a while if you’re good a siliconing yoyos. Mine lasted me about a year, so you should be good. And a kk bearing is a good thing to put in a yo, but it might make it really unresponsive.

ah ok thats cool. very helpful guys. if you have any more info or comments on the superstar id like to here them. thanks!

Another thing. The bearing on the superstar might not come off easily so you should grip it and wiggle side to side to take it off and replace it, and not grip super hard and pull up, cause you might break it.

hm ic. so how well does the superstar play stock?

and what kind of pliers would i use for that?

It plays awesome stock, and i use an adjustable wrench to the bearing out my yoyos.

I would keep it stock.

The KK won’t make a difference if you have a good throw.

You could silicone it, but why waste the K-Pads, wear them put, then silicone.

Its your choice though, just my opinion.

oh no im not wasting the k-pads i was going to use them untill they wer completly worn.

how log do k pads last? because arent they like silicone just already done for u mixed with something else?

K-pads should last you a couple of months if not more. I just know from my Dv888 that they last at least that long. The glue on the back died on me though so the pads fell out. :stuck_out_tongue:

awesome. and ive been told that i can get more sili at say a motor store like auto zone or somwher? wallmart maybe?

anymore comments on the superstar let me know

Yep you can buy silicone at Walmart or any auto parts store.

awsome. is it ok if it isnt like exactly the same? or is there i type i should get? like brand

Permatex is the best. The big choice is flowable or gasket maker. When it comes to play I honestly can’t tell a difference. Others will disagree. Flowable is also preferred by some for its ease of getting smooth and even. After a couple of tries applying gasket maker isn’t becomes easy though.

Ok cool thanks for the help.

If anyone else has any more comments on the Superstar feel free to post i am interested (it comes either tomorrow or thursday!) :o

Thanks!

SUPERSTAR’s are my favotite yoyo. i have a wide collection but my superstar tops them all. as for putting a kk in, i would leave it stock. the gap is insanely huge so there is PLENTY of room for layers of string. the stock pads are awesome. dont get me wrong, i love my silly, but the k-pads are just fine. enjoy your superstar and make some vids.!!!

1 Like