Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion

Oh okay, I thought you meant just in general. My apologies :slight_smile: I loved playing SSBM as a kid I still have it on the GameCube but I never was really good at it.

Overall I would agree that pokemon has a larger following both competitively and non-competitively. That game is off the chain! I’ve played almost every generation for hundreds of hours! But yeah, SSBM is a single timeless classic game that might never be rivaled.

I was never a gigantic fan of pokemon, but my older siblings were, so i kinda got pulled in. I had a good time playing pokemon silver. I almost finished it too, but i couldnt beat the elite 4. I also played n64 pokemon stadium and loved it for years, until our n64 broke :frowning:

If anyone wants to get a competitive edge over their next opponent, I recommend you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckV2MJgBzo

Was playing this a couple minutes ago. I think Fox is my new main. :slight_smile:

Not surprised. Like 80% of the pro community mains Fox.

Well he’s top in his tier which also happens to be the best tier next to falco and jiggly puff.

Up!

Gannondorf! If you know how to use him he’s a beast

Anyone can be.

But for me, Ganondorf is probably the worst player in the game. WAY too slow, and he announces every attack.

Yeah but you know in the showdown (last level) he, mewtwo, and giga bowser fight you. He is the problem. He always kills you. After a few week i finally beat it (with jigglypuff).

What is it that people like about Jigglypuff? She always seemed pretty bad to me.

Oh no you’re right. Jigglypuff is pretty bad, but she has this one move that, if you are inside (right in front) of your openent and use it, it is super good and pretty much kills your oponent. Down B I think. It works great with giga bowser because of how big he is.

In the competitive scene, Jiggly is super good with those who use her. Not only is rest AMAZING but her bair and side B when used in air super good.

As far as terrible characters in Melee, Kirby. Hands down a terrible character. Almost no killing moves, and although he has a good recovery, he is super light and very easy to kill at low percentages making the good recovery almost useless.

On the moving stages (ice climbers stage, pokè floats, the mario boat stage) he is so good though because he doesnt ever die by going off the screen because of his jump.

Any Project M players?

ME! I’ve been mentioning it a bunch but no one responds. Makes me think people don’t know about it, which is probably true.

I never play those stages because obstacles take away from the gameplay IMO.

Amen! I always use final destination or something simple like that with no items.

Also if ur good u can pull off any character (I’m not that amazing but I have a friend who it)

I can play any character, but im much better as fox/falco., my 2 fav stages are final destination and corneria.

Fox is my fav too :wink: