Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion

Hes soooooo slow!

On the ground he is, but he’s a character focused on aerial attacks.

Agreed with this. G&W is a great character! Especially in PM.

Yeah I can see where you’re coming from. Brawl is definitely a game that was targeted more towards the broader audience, as Sakurai for some odd reason felt it best to shun the competitive community. Nintendo even tried to shut down the Apex 2013 SSBM stream and event >:(

I loved Melee, but Project M surpasses it in every way. Brawl was fun but broken in many aspects, not the least of which is tripping. My circle of friends was often divided between Melee and Brawl, but once we figured out how easy Project M is to get running it’s a mainstay of basically every social gathering now.

All hail the mighty Kirby!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Kirby_Wii.png

I just spam the jump-in-the-air-and-turn-into-a-rock move. Raining down on my opponents left right and center.

His flying ability is epic as well, it’s suprising how easy it is to get back on once you’ve been knocked off.

When you do that alot your oponent can just wait at the bottom where the rock is and hold it a smash move until your forced to come out of the rock and then he can let go and you die.

Haha Kirby was a favorite of mine until my opponents got smart :frowning: Kirby was underpowered in melee unfortunately. His lack of a good moveset is the reason why he’s near rock bottom of the tier list. Still, you can be annoying with him by spamming Bairs :slight_smile:

I respect your opinion, but I don’t feel it surpasses it in EVERY way. Project M is great though, Nintendo should be taking notes (actually, apparently they did as they had the folks over ar Project M work on SSB4). I feel like the flow in melee is overall cleaner just because it was made that way naturally. Anyways, you guys should watch The Smash Brothers documentary. I’ll link it soon.
*warning: a bit of rough language.

True. It’s best used when there’s about 4 of you so you can just sneak up on people without them noticing.

A favourite of mine was to get them in my mouth and then just jump off the edge, killing us both. I used to do it non stop to a mate of mine and she’d go livid. I’d end up being attacked physically and yelled at… it was hilarious. =P

Kirby FTW. I always use him, although my opponents get annoyed because they can’t evade my rock spam lol

Here we go, all 9 episodes of “The Smash Brothers” documentary
*caution: a bit a rough language used

Thank you! I will watch them later.

I just watched them all yesterday, and wow… the SSB community is just so amazing!

It’s also crazy that it’s still going on. I can’t think of a single game that has had a longer lifespan.

Pokemon…

The difference is there are six generations of Pokemon games each with at least three games in a generation. Smash has a total of three games, the most popular one being played still competitively for the past 12 years. The equivalent is if Pokemon crystal, which was gen 2 and came out the same month as melee, was still being played competitively at a high level. Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge Pokemon fan, but smash is on another level compared to Pokemon when it comes to lifespan of a game. A single game having a 12 year competitive streak is unreal.

Well gen 3 is still played because people are doing nuzlockes with them

But people doing a nuzlocke challenge is different than having the game being played at Evo. Pokemon is played competitively there with the VGC ruleset, but its always the newest gen not an older gen. Melee was the most watched stream at Evo2012.

Like I said, Pokemon has absolutely amazing metagame and is one of the greatest game series of all time, but they are different from Melee.

I just watched the first of the videos, and now i feel like im such a noob haha. I know what all the moves they mentioned are, but i didnt know what they were called.